Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: The NWA Champion Explains Why NWA Powerr Is Behind A Paywall.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.  

Images via WWE.com

Molly Holly Wasn't Interested In Coaching At The Performance Center!? 


Recent WWE Hall Of Fame inductee, Molly Holly, recently spoke with the Talking Sass podcast (aka another wrestling podcast). 

During the discussion, Molly revealed that she was offered to coach at the Performance Centre but she wasn't interested (from Post Wrestling):

"Yes they have [asked me to coach at the Performance Center] and I just don’t want to. It sounds terrible but I’m just — I’m so far removed from that world. I don’t want to be this like grizzled, bitter, jaded trainer who is like, I don’t know. 

They need to have trainers who are passionate about pro wrestling, who love the psychology of it because you can meet certain people on the indies or people who used to work for WWE or people who do work for WWE and they just light up when their creative juices are going and they’re like, ‘Oh, you could do this, you could do that’ and it’s like, those are the kind of people you need to have as a trainer. 

Even though back in the day, I might’ve had skills or experience as a trainer, I’m not at that place now where I feel excited about doing that type of job."

Molly Holly was somebody that would give her knowledge and experience to the younger generation. 

So, it's really intriguing that she gave a no for an answer in this case especially since she had the opportunity to train people at Shawn Daivari and Ken Anderson's wrestling school as recent as 2016. 

The NWA Champion Explains Why NWA Powerr Is Behind A Paywall. 


Speaking of intriguing. Nick Aldis was on the Battleground podcast promoting NWA's Back For The Attack (which already happened). 

In it, the current NWA champion explained why NWA's flagship show, Powerr is now behind a paywall (From Post Wrestling): 

"It was something that we had sort of discussed internally about putting this show [NWA Powerrr] behind a paywall and you know, at this point in our growth as an organization, it’s like we felt we had done the fans a good service by Billy [Corgan] basically forking out, at this point he’s basically in for a couple million, you know? To create and help revitalize this brand and show a proof of concept of a show that is completely different to anything else that’s being offered, and deliberately so and we got to a point where we said, ‘Hey, we have a strong, loyal and very passionate fanbase now and the really cool thing about the NWA fans is that they genuinely want to support the organization. 

They understand that there’s a — if they want to see certain guys and they want to see us stay with the NWA and they want us to be presented in only a way the NWA can do, then the NWA has to make money and it’s kind of like, that’s pretty much the long and short of it. 

We feel like we’ve created enough value in the product now that for $4.99 a month, I feel like it is a bargain at twice its price." 

NWA Powerr Is a show with a lot of production (no sh*t, Omar) and the fact that they gave away the program for free is surprising. 

It's another form of monetization other than their PPVs so I ain't mind at this decision. 

An Update On Charlotte Flair's Wrestlemania 37 Status. 


You may know that Charlotte Flair isn't on the Wrestlemania 37 card and she explained why she hasn't been on TV as of late (she doesn't have to but wrestling fans, am I right?). 

PW Insider and Mikey Johnson stated that Charlotte Flair wasn't at the Smackdown taping yesterday. 

In a separate earlier report, Flair's removal from the WWE advertising for Wrestlemania was "out of caution in case she would not be cleared in time to return to storylines." 

The report did elaborate that Andrade's release had nothing to do with Flair not being on TV. 

Well wishes to Charlotte Flair. Hoping nothing but a speedy recovery for her. 

Layla El Working On A Book. 


The former Divas champion announced that she was working on a book about her career on Twitter a month back (you're probably reading this going, "ANOTHER WRESTLING BOOK!?"). 

She explained the idea of it in an interview with Vickie Guerrero's podcast (from Post Wrestling):

"I’m just gonna keep it at appearances to be honest with you. I feel like everyone always asks me that.

No, it’s not even a thought in my mind [wrestling again]. I think appearances will be great and yeah, that’s it. Appearances and I’m coming out with a book, cookbook and I’m also writing a book. 

I know you [Vickie Guerrero] said that earlier. I know you said you’re writing a book. I’m also writing a book too about my life and stuff like that so, that’s coming out too."

Layla and pretty much everybody from the divas’ era were decent to great wrestlers so It's unfortunate that they weren't given the proper showcase. It took the folks over at titan towers a long time to actually take women's wrestling seriously. 

Am I going to read this book? Probably not but if you're a fan of that period of time, then you'll probably enjoy it. 

WWE Has No Plans On Touring Again!?


A few weeks ago on this very series, I mentioned an article from yahoo's vague line written at the end that WWE might start touring again in July. 

On a related note, An exclusive Wrestling Inc article from September of last year (which I also talked about), stated the firing of WWE's employees that were mostly from the live event side of the company. 

And now Justin Barrasso over at Sports Illustrated said that world wrestling entertainment "does not have plans to tour throughout the first half of 2021". 

The current plan is to stay in the Yuengling Centre which will host the Thunderdome. 

An old man you rant about on Reddit every day once said, "Plans change" and so, we don't know if that's the path they're going to stick with for weeks or even months. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...