Skip to main content

A Few Thoughts On RAW And Smackdown: RAW wasn't GREAT!?

 Since this blog will be less of a priority now considering I'm focusing on my podcast now (hit the 5 stars on Apple Podcast you sons of b*tches), I decided to share my few thoughts on RAW, Smackdown, I guess? 

Smackdown. 

The blue brand delivered yet another good episode this week and it's probably due to the fact that Braun Strowman taking out the Maximum Model is high-key funny as f**k. 

The folks over at Titan Towers are bringing back the essence of their characters whether it's Kevin Owens, Shayna Baszler or in this case, Big Braun himself.
 
As a fan, you gotta love it, especially since in the case of Strowman, the dude hasn't been the same since he turned heel 4 years ago when feuding with Roman Reigns for the universal title.  

Other noteworthy segments include Logan Paul challenging Roman Reigns for the big world universal multiverse galactic cinematic championship. 

Imagine they pulled that match off 7 years ago back when Logan was on Vine? Somehow someway, Roman would still get booed outta the building. 

One last thing to note here is FINALLY,  SHOTZI IS A BABYFACE AGAIN! It would be even better if they bought back her last name. But at least according to Fightful's snitch, She's getting her tank back. 

RAW

There were some distraction finishes that'll make Vince McMahon jealous. Still, as a whole, the episode feels like a direct continuation of last week's show with a few additional hints for what's about to come next week (Omar, you basically described the word continuity OG).

In other words, the show was aight, I guess. 

The thing I've learned from Bobby Lashley's US title match with Seth Rollins is that Lashley's back is strong as f**k and I don't know if Lashley's flexing that he can take back shots or not. 

Also, Babyface Prizefighter? Honestly, Better than heel prize fighter Kevin Owens but I'm probably reaching. 

Bayley getting her long-awaited rematch against Bianca Belair for the women's title? Noice (I know it's not the same belt but you get my point). 

She's come a long way since that awful "This is Your Life" segment with Alexa Bliss and speaking of which, they had a solid match. 

Why's Dexter Lumis stalking Miz instead of going on a honeymoon with Indi Hartwell? No idea. Probably begging for a cameo for Miz's reality that everybody watches. 


I know it's a different format but productivity sucks so I gotta change things up ya know? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...