Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: WWE Ditching Full Script Promos? NXT Superstars Still Expected To Move To The Main Roster?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

NXT Superstars Still Expected To Move To The Main Roster?

Although the yellow brand is much better in terms of how they approach storylines subjectively speaking, of course, it is still a developmental brand after all even though it doesn't feel like so. 

I'm sure you guys have heard of reports (more specifically from post wrestling) that a draft is coming next month and the NXT Superstars will still be called on either RAW or Smackdown hence not being treated as a third equal brand. 

That is all coming from Dave Meltzer and The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. I really enjoyed when the main roster guys like Tyson Kidd in 2014, Brezzago, Apollo Crews for a bit move to NXT and those moves makes that brand more legit but I and you guys should keep in mind that this is all speculations at the end of the day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

WWE Ditching Full Script Promos? 

And no, that is not an oxymoron. In that same Wrestling Observer, Dave basically stated that the promos segments on the recent RAW and Smackdown episode weren't written word for word but rather replacing scripts with bullet points. 

Notable examples mentioned were Bayley, Sasha Banks and Rey Mysterio. Meltzer also mentioned that there's "an internal movement" in which that the promos would have more "freedom". 

I know this is an unpopular perspective but I actually don't mind scripted promos as long as the person writing the promos actually knows the strengths and weaknesses of how a particular wrestler cuts a promo. I will say this, it's a change that I and other fans will definitely embrace. 

WWE Brings On A Senior Director For Their Upcoming Podcast Network. 

So a few weeks back, WWE has announced that they're working on a podcast network which was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter and the company hired a very qualified one. 

From PWInsider and Mike Johnson, WWE has hired Dara Frank as their Senior Director and has been working with Viacom since 2007 as a dept. assistant, standards and practices and went on to oversee the production, strategy, marketing and sales as a senior director, podcasting, radio and records from since February 2016 bringing in Viacom millions of dollars thanks to her eye of talent and her relationships with advertisers.

Her body of work also includes being a director enterprise on Comedy Central records and radio and started her career as a production assistant on ABC News. By the way, I read the Fightful Wrestling Weekly article that WWE is reaching out other talents, writers and others so that's very interesting to watch out for. 

And yes, I did gather some of the information from her LinkedIn profile but based on her resume, I certainly believe it's a great hire. I'm a big audio connoisseur so I'm definitely be looking at their podcast network once it's available for the masses. 

Ric Flair Plans On "Taking Down Nike" In His Deal With Adidas. 

Ric Flair was asked about his deal with Adidas by TMZ in Los Angeles. Here's what the nature boy has to say about it (transcript via TMZ):

"Ready for the good news? Adidas thinks I’m ‘The Man.’ I signed a deal with them, and we’re fixin’ to make Nike the 2nd brand. It’s not gonna be Air Jordan anymore, it’s gonna be Air Flair, and I can’t jump." It's gonna be Adidas, Woooooooo!!!"

Take that as you will. 

Walter On Brock Lesnar Being A Smart Performer. 

Walter has recently given the fans a match of the year candidate with Tyler Bate for the UK title at Takeover Cardiff (which you can click here to read my thoughts on the whole show) and also gave his opinion about The Beast Incarnate in an interview with SPORTbible:

“I think right now there’s no smarter professional wrestler than Brock Lesnar at the moment. I’m aware of the — I don’t know — the negative reactions he gets by the fans, but if I ever end up in that position in my career, I would be very thankful [laughs]. For sure, 100 percent. I think Brock is amazing and I would love to do that.”

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Additional sources: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/09/wwe-nxt-main-roster-call-ups-to-continue-after-usa-premiere-659326/, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Smackdown 7/1/22 | A Coherent Review.

Are you ready for a GOOOOOOOOD time!" Well, not really since I found out about my workin…….. I mean productivity schedule.  Enough about my sad adult life, how was Smackdown this week? It was surprisingly enjoyable considering how mediocre Smackdown has been as of late.  Images via WWE.com Brick Laser Beam Approach The Tribal Chief For A Title VS Title Match.  And the universal champion was like, "We'll do this my time" aka it's happening.  The Brook man questioned the way Heyman praised the blue champ which led to a superman punch from Roman to the WWE champion.  I don't hate this idea. Bring it on, I guess?  Rick Boogs vs Sami Zayn.  You know Zayn has been underutilized when he got a jobber entrance. Rick wins the match. Oh, and Johnny Knoxville threw Sami over the top rope. Again, WHO!?  Charlotte Flair Show Us The Participants For This Year's Women's Royal Rumble Match.  I can't believe WWE did this. Summer Rae is coming back and all I can say

The 5 News Week: Yet Another Update Regarding NXT Moving To Tuesdays.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via wwe.com Leyla Hirsh Signed With AEW All The Way Back In October? Leyla Hirsh is an extraordinary talent that I assumed was signed recently based on the official announcement from the man with a great Bernie Sanders impression, Tony Khan.  However, in a virtual signing for High Spots Wrestling Network , Hirsh revealed that she was signed with the elite brand all the way back in October (shout out to Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling for the quotes): "I don’t even know if I’m allowed to say any of this but, my first week on Wednesday night, I faced [Hikaru] Shida [on AEW Dark] and that was great and then there was an incident with — there was a match that was supposed to happen with the girls and it didn’t because there was an injury and then they ca