Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: WWE Ditching Full Script Promos? NXT Superstars Still Expected To Move To The Main Roster?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

NXT Superstars Still Expected To Move To The Main Roster?

Although the yellow brand is much better in terms of how they approach storylines subjectively speaking, of course, it is still a developmental brand after all even though it doesn't feel like so. 

I'm sure you guys have heard of reports (more specifically from post wrestling) that a draft is coming next month and the NXT Superstars will still be called on either RAW or Smackdown hence not being treated as a third equal brand. 

That is all coming from Dave Meltzer and The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. I really enjoyed when the main roster guys like Tyson Kidd in 2014, Brezzago, Apollo Crews for a bit move to NXT and those moves makes that brand more legit but I and you guys should keep in mind that this is all speculations at the end of the day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

WWE Ditching Full Script Promos? 

And no, that is not an oxymoron. In that same Wrestling Observer, Dave basically stated that the promos segments on the recent RAW and Smackdown episode weren't written word for word but rather replacing scripts with bullet points. 

Notable examples mentioned were Bayley, Sasha Banks and Rey Mysterio. Meltzer also mentioned that there's "an internal movement" in which that the promos would have more "freedom". 

I know this is an unpopular perspective but I actually don't mind scripted promos as long as the person writing the promos actually knows the strengths and weaknesses of how a particular wrestler cuts a promo. I will say this, it's a change that I and other fans will definitely embrace. 

WWE Brings On A Senior Director For Their Upcoming Podcast Network. 

So a few weeks back, WWE has announced that they're working on a podcast network which was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter and the company hired a very qualified one. 

From PWInsider and Mike Johnson, WWE has hired Dara Frank as their Senior Director and has been working with Viacom since 2007 as a dept. assistant, standards and practices and went on to oversee the production, strategy, marketing and sales as a senior director, podcasting, radio and records from since February 2016 bringing in Viacom millions of dollars thanks to her eye of talent and her relationships with advertisers.

Her body of work also includes being a director enterprise on Comedy Central records and radio and started her career as a production assistant on ABC News. By the way, I read the Fightful Wrestling Weekly article that WWE is reaching out other talents, writers and others so that's very interesting to watch out for. 

And yes, I did gather some of the information from her LinkedIn profile but based on her resume, I certainly believe it's a great hire. I'm a big audio connoisseur so I'm definitely be looking at their podcast network once it's available for the masses. 

Ric Flair Plans On "Taking Down Nike" In His Deal With Adidas. 

Ric Flair was asked about his deal with Adidas by TMZ in Los Angeles. Here's what the nature boy has to say about it (transcript via TMZ):

"Ready for the good news? Adidas thinks I’m ‘The Man.’ I signed a deal with them, and we’re fixin’ to make Nike the 2nd brand. It’s not gonna be Air Jordan anymore, it’s gonna be Air Flair, and I can’t jump." It's gonna be Adidas, Woooooooo!!!"

Take that as you will. 

Walter On Brock Lesnar Being A Smart Performer. 

Walter has recently given the fans a match of the year candidate with Tyler Bate for the UK title at Takeover Cardiff (which you can click here to read my thoughts on the whole show) and also gave his opinion about The Beast Incarnate in an interview with SPORTbible:

“I think right now there’s no smarter professional wrestler than Brock Lesnar at the moment. I’m aware of the — I don’t know — the negative reactions he gets by the fans, but if I ever end up in that position in my career, I would be very thankful [laughs]. For sure, 100 percent. I think Brock is amazing and I would love to do that.”

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Additional sources: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/09/wwe-nxt-main-roster-call-ups-to-continue-after-usa-premiere-659326/, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...