Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Paul Heyman Was In Charge Of Goldberg's Promos!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. 

Today is Royal Rumble day so enjoy yourselves and hopefully, the booking isn't as scary as how Wrestlevotes described it. 

Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.  

some images via WWE.com

An Update On The Revival Of Georgia Championship Wrestling. 


If this news piece sounds familiar, it's because I talked about on the October 4th, 2020 edition of this very series. 

To summarize it for all of you slow mofos, Georgia Championship Wrestling made its return and held its comeback show on October 3rd "as a test run" which was reported by my man, Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling. 

GCW is scheduling another show on April 24th which was announced on their Facebook page called "The Battle For Old Buckhead" and will take place in "a small lake community Buckhead" Georgia which is the most American Southern town name I've ever heard. 

Andrew Thompson caught up with the promoter, Chris Nelms and he is hoping to film shows on YouTube: 

"October 3rd was more of a test run. The town we ran hadn’t been traditionally a very successful town, however we were able to bring in a little over 200 in attendance for an outdoor event which was a financial success. 

We are working on a deal to promote events from there monthly with hopes of taping for a YouTube show as well as visiting other towns like Eatonton again for ‘house shows’.”

Will see how this revival run lasts. 

Paul Heyman Was In Charge Of Goldberg's Promos!?


Thank Paul Heyman for writing different ways for Goldberg to say, "you're next". 

Whether that statement is a compliment or not is up to interpretation. 

All lame jokes aside, Paul E Dangerously was backstage on RAW according to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer (from wrestlingnews.co) because he's, you guessed it,  in charge of Goldberg's dialogues. 

Given that Heyman is good friends with Goldberg, this isn't surprising. 

Here's what he said about him working with Paul in an interview with Steve Austin on Broken Skull Sessions back in February of last year (from WrestlingInc): 

“In the beginning, I didn’t need a Paul Heyman. I was the Mike Tyson of wrestling, I just needed people in front of me. I took wrestling back to the dark ages, like throwing Romans to the lions. I’m honored to have someone like Paul work with me creatively.”

Some Tension Between WWE And ESPN Over What Exactly!? 


By far, the BIGGEST news that came out this past week was the announcement of the WWE Network going to be part of NBC's streaming service, Peacock on March 18th. 

And the person that you've never heard of, Dave Meltzer (sarcasm of course) stated on the Wrestling Observer Live that there are issues between ESPN and WWE (from WrestlingInc). 

Pretty much, the reason being is it had to do with the Peacock deal which ESPN was also in discussions with WWE. 

Side note, Meltzer mentioned that ESPN has "shut down" any WWE coverage and I've looked into ESPN's site and they haven't updated the site with WWE related content in what it feels like a month.  

I swear, this wasn't a month old


The relationship with WWE and ESPN is pretty much done (no f'ing sh*t, Omar).

A Quick Thoughts On The Trailer Of "Young Rock". 


Since this past week's news was basically dominated by the Peacock/WWE Network story, I decided to add a few thoughts on the trailer of "Young Rock" which is based on the childhood and early adulthood of Dwayne The Rock Johnson. 

When the news hit about "Young Rock", I assumed they're going the "Everybody Hates Chris" route with the main character growing up into early adulthood instead of casting different actors in each period of time as seen in the trailer. 

 

I love how the trailer started with Dwayne running for president in 2032. 

Something that it'll probably happen (the closest thing I've ever talked about politics on this site). 

Overall, the trailer was a good snip bit of telling the audience what the show is about and the tone it plays. 

Very curious as to how it does in the Nielsen ratings

Paramount and WWE Studios' "Rumble" Moved To Next Year. 


Paramount's latest upcoming animated film "Rumble" has been delayed till Feb 18 of next year (wow, I'm so shocked that a movie was delayed). 

This isn't the first time that the film was delayed. 

From Variety, the movie was moved from its original release of July 31st, 2020 then November 2020 due to the current pandemic then January 29th 2021 then May 14th. 

So, if you have been looking forward to this film somehow, you'll have to wait another year. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...

WWE Royal Rumble 2021 | A Coherent Review.

I know it's something you've heard a gazillion times but it's true.  We are on the road to Wrestlemania which is f'ing crazy to think about.  While this year's Royal Rumble PPV had its moments, the show as a whole was just fine.  By the way, the show was almost 4 hours but it felt like 2.  As usual, I can't talk about the women's tag team title match at the pre-show simply because I've not seen it.  Images via WWE.com Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg For The WWE Championship.  When Goldberg hits the jackhammer, I almost had a heart attack but thank God the Scotsmen kicked out.   Oh, and Drew McIntyre won the match in a meh opening match that was shorter than the Immortals Fenix Rising demo (the most specific reference I've ever made).  They showed some respect after the match.  At least Drew McIntyre won, right?  Sasha Banks vs Carmella For The SmackDown Women's Championship.  Carmella almost killed herself with that sick looking suic...