Skip to main content

The 5 News Week Look-Back: Bianca Belair And Sam Roberts' "Beef" With Each Other, An Interesting Fact About The Largest Battle Royal In WWE.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 News Week where I usually report on the 5 major or minor news of the week but I'm not doing that here if you can't tell from the graphic I made (you're welcome, by the way). 

But Rather, all throughout December, I'm going to look back at some of the news that came out in 2019. Without further ado, here are the 5 News Week Look Back. 

Bianca Belair And Sam Roberts' "Beef" With Each Other. 


We are kicking this off with an opinion that made a lot of people angry. I talked about this in my first 5 News Week of 2019 and basically what happened was, Sirius XM radio show host Sam Roberts was on the NXT Takeover: Phoenix pre-show panel and he had an unpopular opinion about Bianca Belair. 

Belair responded Sam Roberts' comments by telling the guy to "kiss her a**" to which Roberts had a friendly back and forth with Mark Henry on Busted Open Radio about the EST of NXT. 

So, the question is, what did it lead to? Nothing obviously because this happened.


I didn't get the amount of hate Sam got about this given that wrestling is a subjective form of entertainment and like Roberts, we as fans internally got some hot takes about a wrestler, a storyline etc. 

RAW Tag Team Titles Getting A Redesign. Was It True Or Nah? 


Back in February, a pro wrestling belt insider named Belt Fan Dan said that the RAW and Smackdown tag team title belts are getting a rebooted design and contacted Dave McMillan (who designed the penny belt) to layout the design of the tag team belts (shout out to Heel By Nature for the story). 

It is possible that they're going to unveil the title belts and are waiting for the right moment but I would not be surprised if WWE saw the mock-up and basically scrapped the whole thing. 

How's Dana Warrior Doing As A Creative Team Member? 

Image result for dana warrior wwe creative

We all know that Dana Warrior is a WWE ambassador (no sh*t, Omar) but a writer is not one of them. Pro Wrestling Sheet and Ryan Satin first broke the story of Dana Warrior joining the creative team. 

She later spoke about her new role in the company telling CBS New York: 

"Well, I was invited to be a part of the creative team. I was absolutely thunderstruck and excited, and it’s an honor. I’ve been a writer since the time I was small. That was what I identified as. Since third grade, when I won my first award at a book fair. I’ve always called myself a writer, and then I put my own addition on the shelf when I got married to raise my children."

The question is, how is she doing as a creative member? Well, Dana has worked closely with Lacey Evans in promos according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and Dave Meltzer back in June and is one of two women in the writing team (now thinking about it, I could see why the Rusev/Lana/Lashley storyline became a reality). 

Meltzer also said back in March that Dana has been in creative meetings that other creative members were not a part of (shout out to Wrestlingnews.co).  

A PWtorch's Monday Night RAW after-show back in May, a fan who's a friend of 3 WWE writers called in Wade Keller's show and told him a lot of things behind the curtains of WWE's creative process. In it, he mentioned that the writers' creative collaboration with Dana Warrior was quote (again, shout out to Wrestlingnews.co) "really awkward" (damn, I say the word “creative” a lot). 

And that's the latest update on Dana Warrior. Maybe she's to thank for how Lacey Evans is brilliantly portrayed?

An Interesting Fact About The Largest Battle Royal In WWE. 

WWE Photo

Super showdown 2019 was surprisingly not the worst thing I've seen in pro wrestling and one of the things that I didn't mind was the 50 man battle royal. The most interesting fact about the match is that the total mass in the ring. Let me explain by repeating what I said back in June: 

"A dude by the name of Maestrobrood on Twitter tagged Fightful.com’s managing editor in Sean Ross Sapp about the total mass in the ring for the 50 Man Battle Royal weighed in at 11,726 pounds or 5.319 KG."

The match went on to have a winner, Mansoor. He has since been another Saudi show later in the year, facing Cesaro in a solid encounter and has been utilized a bit in NXT. 

A Look Back From The Trademark Of "Stomping Grounds" To The Show Itself. 

Image result for stomping grounds 2019 wwe official poster

When World Wrestling Entertainment filed the trademark of "Stomping Grounds", I thought it was a FOX show, however, that mediocre of a name was filed for a PPV scheduled for a late June airing. 

I put this in the article for one reason and that is because it was an excellent PPV that subverted expectations for me. A couple of highlights were, a solid opening match between Becky Lynch and Lacey Evans. 

An enjoyable tag team match between The New Day, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens (forgot that they were a team didn't cha?). A well booked main event that led to a decent mixed tag team match weeks after. 

Yes, this was not a piece of journalism to look at but that show was a great example of why a PPV filled with mostly rematches can be good. 


Guys, thank you so much for checking out this series. Whether you discovered it from this post or you have been enjoying this since my first 5 News Week back in October of last year. Here's to more 5 News week in 2020 and hopefully beyond.

That article took more time for me to write than any other 5 News Week all year so I hope you enjoyed this. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...