Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Backstage News On WWE Superstars Hating On The Booking Of Super Showdown. Lio Rush Returning To NXT?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Backstage News On WWE Superstars Hating On The Booking Of Super Showdown. 

Super Showdown 2019. A show that was panned by fans and pundits for the most part (which you can click here to read my overall thoughts on the PPV) and the fans were not the only groups of people frustrated with the show. 

From the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer talked with his co-host Bryan Alvarez about how the wrestlers thought that the booking for Super Showdown was quote “horrible” and brought up the 50 Man Battle Royal as an example (transcript via 411Mania): 

“There were people who very much understood that the booking was horrible throughout so much of the show. For the guys in the battle royal, it was very much going through the motions because the whole thing was just thrown together. Like I said, there was no showcase spots or anything like that, so people there were kind of not in a great mood that you’re flying in there for this match that can’t be good because there’s no thought put into it. And you’re just there as a piece of meat.”

I’ll be interesting as to how the superstars would react to the booking once the second Saudi show of the year is over and done with. 

The Total Weight Of The Participants In The 50 Man Battle Royal Is What?

Speaking of the 50 Man Battle Royal, a dude by the name of Maestrobrood on Twitter tagged Fightful.com’s managing editor in Sean Ross Sapp about the total mass in the ring for the 50 Man Battle Royal weighed in at 11,726 pounds or 5.319 KG. I’m surprised that it didn’t do anything with the ring. Also, click here to read the tweet (I know, I know his handwriting is not the best). 

Pursuit Channel Aired The Wrong Episode Of Impact. 

This one is another oopsie from Pursuit. I say this because this is not the first time Pursuit botched something in the production side of things. They at one point, ran commercial breaks throughout the main event and didn’t come back from that. 

In this instance, Pursuit aired last week’s episode of Impact aka the wrong episode. Impact did the right thing by having the latest episode up and ready to watch for free on their Impact Plus app. If you don’t know, Impact Plus is Impact’s subscription service for their big library of content. 

I know most of y’all are wishing that the USA Network will pull that move for Monday Night RAW but obviously that’s not gonna happen. 

Lio Rush Returning To NXT? 

Lio Rush wasn’t on WWE RAW in months for obvious reasons but Mike Johnson over at PWinsider reported back in late April that WWE officials are reconsidering on putting him back to NXT. Lio Rush uploaded two vignettes on Twitter hinting a return of some sort (which you click here for the first one and click here for the second one or the latest one). 

Jon Moxley On Triple H “Taking Selfies With Indy Guys”. 

Jon Moxley’s stock has gone higher and higher. Whether it’s his hour-long conversation with Chris Jericho and his two-hour long interview with PWTorch’s Wade Keller or his great match with Juice Robinson for the IWGP United States championship. 

The man formerly known as “the lunatic fringe” is doing pretty well for himself. Jon Moxley isn’t staying away from being interviewed as he was with Andrew Grevas over at 25yearslatersite.com. In that great interview, he mentioned how Triple is “buying the indies” quote: 

“I never thought of that until you just said it but its amazing. I thought it was a bad idea when Hunter started buying the indys. You had Seth and me, along with Joey Mercury and we were able to sneak in a few key guys like Luke Harper, Neville and Cesaro. Once I was on the main roster and NXT started, which I wasn’t a part of, every week Triple H was taking an Instagram selfie with some indy guy. I don’t know if he was trying to make himself look cool and get some indy cred or what, or make NXT cool. He basically started buying the indys. I remember thinking that it might not be a good idea. Then where are all of these good ideas going to come from? If they signed Daniel Bryan at 21, he never would’ve become Bryan Danielson and you never would’ve had WrestleMania 30. If they signed Punk before he really became CM Punk, he never would’ve done what he did. If they signed me at 21, I never would’ve become anything good. I had to develop first before getting brought in.

Buying up all of the indy scene was the same as Vince buying up all the territories back in the day. There’s nobody left to cherry pick for talent. It’s amazing that even though they bought up the indys that it has repopulated itself stronger than ever. Makes you very optimistic about the future of pro wrestling”. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Additional sources: https://www.sescoops.com/pursuit-airs-wrong-episode-of-impact-show-now-available-for-free/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...