Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Kurt Angle To Speak About His Future On RAW This Week, Sam Roberts On His Comments About Bianca Belair.

After a month-long hiatus, The 5 news week is back with some spicy news in the world of professional wrestling. If you are new here, basically in 1 post I report on 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Kurt Angle To Speak About His Future On RAW This Week.

After his loss to Baron Corbin on the RAW after the Royal Rumble, he took to Instagram to say this:
Is WWE building a storyline similar to Ric Flair's back in 2008? Will have to watch RAW to find out. 

Sam Roberts On His Comments About Bianca Belair.

Sammy, sammy, sammy. If you don't know, Sam Roberts aired his views on Bianca Belair at the Preshow for NXT Takeover: Pheonix (which you can click here to read my review for it). Sammy addressed his remarks on Belair in a recent episode of the Sam Roberts' Wrestling Podcast and here's what he had to say: 

"WWE invites me to those kickoff shows and they ask me to give my opinion on things. On Saturday night, I was not fed an opinion in my ear — I know that’s one of the theories. I have never been fed an opinion in my ear. They wouldn’t bring me to give their opinion — I’m no good at that. I go on, they ask me to be me and give my opinion. I had a crisis of conscience. In that moment, I felt like I was just going along with the show, so I decided to say exactly how I felt in that moment."

click here to read the full transcript from wrestleyard.

Mark Henry Addresses About Fans Hating On Ronda Rousey.

Mark Henry spoke about fans booing Ronda Rousey in his Sirius XM radio show along with Bubba Ray and Dave Legreca called "Busted Open Radio" (transcript via WrestlingInc): 

“Ronda falls under the same category as Michael Jordan, she falls in the same category as Larry Bird, and LeBron [James], and guys that are Kevin Duran, like, she is great!” Henry exclaimed. “She suffers from the greatness hate. Brady has been to the Superbowl nine times, he’s won five of nine. There’s a lot of quarterbacks that never get to go to a Superbowl. Why would you ever hate somebody that was better than Joe Montana? Yeah, I said it! [Brady] was better than Joe Montana. And Ronda is getting the great hate, and we’ll talk about that later, but I’m just saying, of course there’s gonna be people that has animosity against her. Because she earned a level of respect that most of us will never see.”

“[Rousey] shows up at the airport, ‘Hey Ms. Rousey, can I get your bags?,'” Henry imitated. “You get to the car, ‘Can I stop and can I get you anything? You want something to drink? You want something to eat? You need to stop and use the restroom – anything you need, just let me know. I’m here for you.’ You walk in the room, you bypass all the tables and you go to the front. ‘Oh, I’m sorry, you’re not in the front. We’re gonna put you on stage.’ Ronda’s getting the level of attention and the level of greatness that people will never ever see. Even the best won’t see that kind of stuff because there’s only a few Muhammad Ali’s, there’s only a few Michael Jordans, and there’s a Ronda Rousey. And for somebody to hate that means they’re, 1. jealous, 2. not understanding of what greatness looks like up close.”

An Interesting Statistic From Cagesideseats About Rusev. 

Cageside seats brought up an interesting statistic about how Rusev hasn't won a PPV match since July of 2016 and hasn't been in the main show card since July of last year. Yikes. A great example of WWE's inconsistent and just bad booking. 

Triple H on Vince McMahon Showcasing The Future. 

Triple H was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated  and talked about a wide variety of topics but the interesting thing about it was his comments on Vince Mcmahon showcasing the future: 

“Vince is focused on showcasing the future, and he pushed to make this happen,” “He was the most supportive one. This is a big opportunity to go out, in essence, and perform in front of the world.”

I'll let you guys interpret that. 

Well, I hope you're caught up with the news and let me know your thoughts on the news I just reported. Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...