Skip to main content

WWE RAW 28/2/22 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another episode of Monday Night RAW aka a 2 hour podcast for an angry bearded white guy. 

Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins spoke with Alpha Academy and……….. 

It led to a stunner from Kevin Owens to Chad Gable 

I can't criticize the way Gable says thank you because after all, he's a chad. 

The segment followed with a decent tag team match between two former rivals and the Academics. 

And like their dating life, the Alphas took an L here. 

This is the part where I would be mad at the tag champs getting pinned but those titles, as well as the entire tag division, are so meaningless, I don't have the energy to do so. 

T-Bar vs Omos. 

T-Bar lost a match and Omos can't wrestle for sh*ts. In other news, the colour of blood is red. 

Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley And Liv Morgan vs Becky Lynch, Doudrop And Nikki A.S.H. 

Bianca once again proves that she owns all of the EST by leading her team to victory with the KOD on Nikki Ash Ketchum. 

Tomasso Ciampa vs Robert Roode. 

Two former NXT champions. Yes, Roode actually did something back in the day that isn't teaming with a guy named Dolph. 

After Ciampa defeated Roode with the most protected move in all of wrestling, the roll-up, the duo that has a name of a Wild Hogs spinoff, decided to make their claim as the best thing (I've heard of that word, click here if you wanna find out) in WWE. 

Ziggler honestly needs a change of scenery so having him appear and be part of a feud on NXT: go crazy on the RGB light edition, is something I would like to see more of. 

A mixed tag team match happened between the 24/7 crew and the only thing I could say about this is, Reggie can gooooooo. 

Rey And Dominik Mysterio vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander. 

If I told you several years ago that The Miz would be hyping up Logan Paul like he's Russell Crowe in Gladiator, you'd probably say, "Oh, I could see this happening for real." because that's how much WWE loves developing big-time stars, am I right? 

By the way, I'm not calling Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander as the Hurt Business anymore because that team is, to quote Justin Timberlake, dead and gone. 

You would think that the Mysterios picked up the victory but nope. They lost via a roll up from Benjamin to Dominik aka the only victory of the year for Shelton. 

Nothing screams a build-up to a headline match then by having one of the people participating in said headline match, lose a match. Tale as old as Bernie Sanders. 

I ain't mad at it though because I don't care about the entire feud. 

RKBRO vs Street Profits. 

Hey look, a good tag team match, Playas. The way Montez Ford won the match by landing the frog splash onto Randy's shoulder looked pretty painful so I'm hoping my man is okay.  

Vinnie Mac mentors Austin Theory again. Cool. 

Edge vs AJ Styles at Mania!? SIGN ME UP!

To use twitch chat terminology, POG! POG! POGO! 
 
If you don't understand the hype, well, I don't know what to tell ya other than it's an easy Wrestlemania main event match

As far as Edge turning back to the dark side, I personally don't hate it. It builds up the tension needed for the overall arc to be somewhat engaging from a narrative perspective. 


Speaking of heel turns, Damian Priest is once again, to quote Billie Ellish, a bad guy. The turn stemmed from Priest's US title loss to Finnie Baylord. 

WWE tends to turn someone heel if a babyface isn't too interesting as a character and this is a great example of that. 

The alternative solution is to make their babyfaces, I don't know, more compelling and interesting. In other words, the shift wasn't necessary. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: The Street Profits vs RKBRO, EDGE VS AJ STYLES AT WRESTLEMANIA LET'S GOOOOOOO! 

Didn't like: Damian Priest's heel turn (will see what happens since I'll give this a chance). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...