Skip to main content

AEW Thursday Night Dynamite | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

AEW Dynamite Results: Winners, Grades, Reaction and Highlights from August  27 | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Fridays are my day off and while this is my hobby, I treat this site as work given the articles I put out and the amount of research that goes into those articles. 

With that being said, what do I think about AEW Dynamite Thursday edition? 

It wasn't as good as the Saturday episode however, it was at least somewhat tolerable to watch. 

In other words, it was okay. 

A Tag Team Gauntlet Match To Determine The Number One Contenders For The AEW World Tag Team Championship. 

Look, I see the fans not practising social distancing despite wearing masks. 

However, I would be lying if I didn't get a kick out of the fans singing Chris Jericho's theme song again. 

Anywho, the entire thing was solid. 

The Young Bucks got rid of Dusty Rhodes and QT Marshall but they can't get rid of Best Friends due to one man, Hangman Adam Page. 

The possible falling out of the elite is something I gotta keep an eye on. 

I'm curious as to where this leads. 

Sticking to the gauntlet match again, FTR were next to face Best Friends and it was probably the best part about this bout. 

Just some good old fashioned technical wrasslin.

FTR made Chuck Taylor of Best Friends submit with a kneebar which means that they are your new number one contenders for the tag team championship. 

The only critique I have for this is that the number of tag teams in this gauntlet match is really and I mean really short. 

Lance Archer vs Sean Maluta. 

Hey look, it's Sean Maluta. I haven't seen the guy since that 2018 NXT episode where he lost to Adam Cole (well, that was specific). 

Archer squashed the guy to which Jake Roberts cut a promo about how Archer will walk out that casino battle royal at All Out number one contender for that big AEW belt. 

Taz and his clients in Ricky Starks and Brian Cage or as Jake Roberts called, "the flintstones" came out to tell Roberts and the murder hawk that either of Taz's guys will win that casino battle royal.  

Out came Darby Allin and he fought with Ricky Starks while both Brian Cage and Lance Archer had a staredown. Cool. 

Jon Moxley vs MJF For The AEW World Championship Contract Signing. 

Isn't it kinda odd that the women's championship match contract between Hikaru Shida and Thunder Rosa at All Out got maybe a minute of screen time while this one got a lot more than that? 

Don't get it twisted, I'm looking forward to the women's title match. 

It's just that I wish the feud would've gotten a better build. 

So. MJF made fun of Jon Moxley's hairline but Moxley's response was absolutely funny telling him that he'll get there once Maxwell hits puberty. 

I really like this segment. 

Both guys nailed it with their promos and that's coming from a non-MJF fan. 

Oh, and Moxley is going to face MJF's lawyer in a match next week so this should be unique to witness. 

The Lucha Brothers, Butcher And The Blade vs Joey Janela, Sonny Kiss, Brian Pillman Jr And Griff Garrison. 

This was aight. The shirt that Eddie Kingston wore? Fantastic. 

The bad guys won the match. Anything Eddie Kingston I will watch. 

The Dark Order Celebrates Their Leader's TNT Championship Victory. 

Mr Brodie Lee says that the Nightmare family are buried and now it's the era of the Dark Order. 

Dusty Rhodes and QT Marshall came out to fight with The Dark Order but the numbers game were stacked against them. 

Until Matt Cordona showed up and evened the odds. Damn, Matt is jacked af.  

Hangman Page is kicked out of the elite. Not surprising. 

Big Swole vs Penelope Ford And Rebel. 

During the match, Britt Baker used the leg crutch to hit on Big Swole without the ref's knowledge. 

Swole won the match due to the crutch that Rebel used on Penelope Ford. Cool. 

It looks like Tay Conti is joining the Dark Order? Hmm. 

Sammy Guevara vs Matt Hardy In A Tables Match. 

The young guy won the match with a superplex through a table and a chair.

But then, Orange Cassidy attacked Chris Jericho from behind while he was on commentary that led to a brawl. 

Nothing screams an ending to an AEW Dynamite episode than a brawl, am I right? 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos.

Like: Jox Moxley and MJF contract signing, some moments of the tag team gauntlet match. 

Didn't like: Wished for a better build for the women's championship at All Out, the number of tag teams in the gauntlet match were short. 


Sound off in the comments on what do you think about AEW Thursday Night Dynamite? Follow ya boy on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...