Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: AEW Revolution One Of The BEST PPVs EVER!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Why did Keith Lee JOIN AEW!?

If you're an "e-drone" (God, that name is so bad, it makes Nikki Bella's "wished you died in the womb" line look award-winning by comparison), Keith Lee is sacrificing his dignity for leaving one corporation to another or something stupid. 

For mofos that touched more grass than travel vloggers, I'll let the man himself state why in an interview with Bleacher Report (From Post Wrestling): 

"I think that it was quite a simple decision. Not only for business’ sake, but there’s a lot of people there that I know. And I have a lot of friends and associates that I’m just comfortable with. But more important than any of that was that I had a couple of very laid-back, chill meetings with Tony [Khan]. We just kind of hung out and shot the breeze. I like him as a person and so to me, a relationship built that way kind of helps me trust a little better. And it helped me in that decision as well."

Ariane Andrew On Why Melina vs Alicia Fox At Summerslam 2010 Was Her Favourite Match. 

Wrestling is subjective, right? And the former funkadactyl's favourite match of all time is a great example of that (yea, no f**king shit). 

Andrew discussed her favourite match that got Steve Austin looking like he's questioning her morality and how she later created a good friendship with the Texas rattlesnake (from Post Wrestling): 

"You know, at the time, I mean I’m very honest. I wasn’t a huge, avid wrestling fan growing up. My brother was, oh my gosh. He was obsessed and at the time, that’s kind of when I had got into wrestling [which is why she told Steve Austin her favourite match was Melina vs. Alicia Fox] and I’ll be honest, it was seeing someone who looked like me, you know what I mean? 

And someone — and at the time, there wasn’t any representation of women who — of Black women and I do think Alicia is super athletic and just that moment, that happened to be — and I get it. 

You have some of the greatest matches of all-time but at that time, I can still say those are, you know, amazing matches but at that moment, that’s what resonated with me because I was just like damn, I’m trying to get there and this is the person who’s representing at the time. So at that time, that’s just what I felt. Not to discredit — we know there’s f*cking great, historic matches out there, come on now but just that was just what I felt at that moment.

That was just at the time — I was actually looking at all her stuff because I’m like there hadn’t been someone and you know, who — she was the first [Black] woman to have the Divas Championship belt so it’s just kind of like, things like that, I’m like that’s so dope so when you — especially when there is no representation at the time, it’s kind of what you relate to. I’m a Black woman and you know, that’s what I felt, so…

No [the interaction between Ariane & Steve Austin wasn’t played up for the cameras]. I mean I, you know, I think that — I know he really was a little taken back, like, ‘Wait,’ you know? And it’s so crazy, he’s still — he was such a big supporter of me because even after everything happened, he was just like, ‘There’s something about you.’ You know, ‘You have star quality. 

I will end up seeing you’ and it’s crazy because he’s the first person I started my career with and when everything came to an end, I actually went on his podcast and we had a great chat too and you know, he used to always be like — when I would see him backstage when he would have his appearances, he’d always be like, ‘I’m so proud of you kid.’ So, yeah, even though we had that moment, we’ve always had a great relationship behind the scenes and he, you know, he was able to see. Like, ‘Damn, I’m rooting for you. I’m rooting for your girl.’ "

Lesson kids, express yourself. 

Cody Rhodes NOT COMING to WWE!? 

"WOOOAH! YOU THOUGHT IT WAS CODY RHODES! WOOOAH! YOU THOUGHT IT WAS CODY RHODES!" 

The Cody Rhodes story is as convoluted as the Angel: After the fall comic book series. 

In a twist that is eye-opening to ya boy, the former 2-time AEW TNT champion isn't showing up to world wrestling entertainment after all at least if you believe what Cassidy Hayes over at probablymynextventure.com had to say about this. 

To summarize the report, Hayes pretty much said that the talks with WWE and Rhodes have faded out and how he and AEW were negotiating on a new deal pertaining to the acquisition of ROH. 

I guess Tony Khan wanted Cody Rhodes' expertise in how to create white saviour arcs. 

Quick Thoughts On AEW Revolution 2022. 

I was supposed to review this show separately but this thing called "productivity" happened and I thought since I didn't have a news piece coming, I'll share my quick thoughts on AEW's latest joint. 

Dude. DUUUUUUUUUDE! What a show and honestly, it is one of the best shows AEW has ever put out. A show with the best Eddie Kingston match, the best face the revolution ladder and the best triple threat tag match I've ever seen. 

And damn, AEW is eating NXT 1.0 up like it's a Popeyes chicken sandwich, bruh. It's crazy how prominent NXT alumni (especially the ones that were part of the so-called "Wednesday Night War") are part of the elite roster. 

I don't know if that's impressive or the fact that it makes me question my mortality because of how time flies by. 

The CM Punk and MJF feud is probably the best arc I've seen from MJF mainly because it answered my concerns regarding the MJF character and how way too one-dimensional that persona is. 

Did I enjoy the match itself? You bet I did! The match pulled a C Murder and said, "I won't stop till I see blood." 

That new AEW women's world championship design has a vintage look to it and I like it a lot. 

At first, I was one of those a**holes that looked at the Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson match like "Oh, wow a match straight out of a 2014 episode of Smackdown ''. You wanna know the difference between that and Edge vs The Miz!? 

It actually had an interesting narrative going into the pay pe……. I'm sorry premium live event which definitely doesn't sound like an MLM scam your friend bought into. 

What about Hangman Page and Adam Cole!? Two thumbs up for me. 

No Plans For Alexa Bliss at WRESTLEMANIA!? 

NO WAY. According to Mike Johnson and PWInsider, WWE isn't going to have plans for Bliss until after the show of shows. Coolinos. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...