Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: AEW Kinda Lame!?

 IT'S TIME FOR SOME RAMPAGE USING THE DYNAMITE! 

I tried being clever with the intros y'all. Another thing that isn't all that clever to mention I guess is that both episodes were pretty underwhelming in that they didn't do much for me other than point out, "at least there wasn't a bunch of rematches I've seen way too many times."

Let me describe my feelings toward both episodes in a short rap song so bad, it might as well have come out of Max Caster's mouth. 

Yo, yo, this sh*t is so lame, I don't know who else to blame (TOONYYYYY!). MJF be catching Ws but not as hard as AEW (at least this week). 

Rampage.

Highlights. 

Lee Johnson And Brock Anderson vs FTR. 

Gotta say, this was pretty fun to watch. I know the commentators have mentioned it many times but Brock Anderson wrestling inside the ring is like watching his own father wrestle. 

Unfortunately for Brock, FTR defeated him as well as his tag partner with the spike piledriver. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Jon Moxley defeated Anthony Bowens - This might as well be the Anthony Bowens match because this was basically a showcase of Bowens' in-ring skills. And it was decent.

Jade Cargill defeated Julia Hart - Yea, this was rough. 

Private Party lost to The Jurassic Express for the AEW world tag team championship - I hate putting this match on here given that I love those days but this didn't do it for me. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

There is none because it wasn't a good show. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Jon Moxley being offered to join Bryan Danielson - I smell a feuuuuuud! 

By the way, Moxley was supposed to face a guy who later, was released by AEW due to the fact that he sounded like somebody out of an Andrew Callaghan Channel 5 video but WAY WAY worse. 

DAN LAMBERT SIDES WITH MISOGYNY PART 23467788 - Brandi with the least effective slap I've ever seen. 

Death Triangle lost to the Knights Of The Black Throne - A decent match is all I'll say. 

Ruby Soho pulled out the L over Nyla Rose - Al Cool Bin Tamam. 

Hangman and Lance Archer brawler before their match - Nothing screams AEW then with brawls. 

MJF rolled up to victory over CM Punk - Don't tell me that AEW wouldn't pull the "wrestler lost in their hometown" cliche again, you hear me!? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...