Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: NXT Stand And Deliver Happening HOURS Before WRESTLEMANIA!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Jaxson Ryker On The Advice He r……. 

WHO GIVES A SH*T!? 

News On AEW's Talent Budget. 

Everybody's got a budget, right? That includes a multi-million dollar private entity founded by a billionaire that has more announcements than Fightful Overbooked. 

Dave Meltzer of wheresmypaycheckraj.com, mentioned on the Observer Radio (via WrestlingInc) that they do have a talent budget (no sh*t) and two performers were offered a contract by the Florida men in Jacksonville but they weren't "huge deals". 

If their TV deal is bigger at the start of 2024 then the company will likely sign new talent.  

Elimination Chamber 2022 Quick Thoughts. 

This is technically my 4th Elimination Chamber recap but it's not a full-fledged review because I slept early yesterday and the last thing I thought about was saying, "damn it, I missed a Saudi show, bro." 

That PLE that aired on my TV was okay. The Becky Lynch and Lita encounter was surprisingly good (speaking of the red women's belt, Bianca is going to face Becky at Wrestlemania because the EST won the Elimination Chamber match which was aight). 

The opening match between Rey Mysterio and The Miz was a match straight out of a 2011 episode of RAW. Drew squashed a guy. The blue tag belt match didn't happen (aka the "beating someone during their entrance that leads to a rematch" cliche). 

Two black women stood tall against the Karens. Roman made Santa Claus tap out which is nice. And finally, Brook laser beamed everybody to win the WWE championship again as if the story actually calls for it (wishing a speedy recovery for Bob the Lasher). 

Shouldn't Roman screw Lesnar again to build even further tension within that rivalry!? 

Vince McMahon Has BIG PLANS On Cody Rhodes!? 

That plan is being the only white civil rights leader in human history aka yet another history breaking moment for WWE. 

Wade Keller aka the Switzerland of wrestling journalism has noted on PWTorch's podcast that Vinnie Mac is pushing Cody Rhodes to the moon like he's the latest crypto grift or something.

Here's what the unofficial governor of Minnesota had to say (from WrestlingInc):

“Cody and WWE haven’t confirmed it but Cody is going to WWE and he’s going to get a big push. Vince McMahon is going to treat this as a big deal. Everybody I talked to thinks Vince loves the idea of acquiring a co-founder and EVP and, you know, main event wrestler. 

He just held their secondary singles title not that long ago, and having him show up on WWE TV is something that Vince is very interested in taking advantage of and making money on it. It could even be a situation where Cody is in a major match at WrestleMania.”

NXT Stand And Deliver Happening HOURS Before WRESTLEMANIA!? 

I may have stopped reviewing the NXT "trust me, I'm hip" edition but that doesn't mean I shouldn't cover some NXT news. 

"I hit and I miss" WrestleVotes, stated that NXT's upcoming show will air on April 2 at 11 am PST or 2 pm Bianca Belair EST time (shout out to Jaychele for that comment) HOURS before this year's Wrestlemania. 

Thank God Saturdays and Sundays are the weekends. 

WWE Commentator FIRED!? 

WWE firing people!? YOU DON'T SAY! 

Lucha Libre Online and Hugo Savinovich reported that veteran WWE Commentator of almost 30 years, Carlos Canberra was released by Titan Towers. 

The Spanish commentary table will definitely miss him. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...