Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Is Rey Mysterio RETIRING!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

The IIconics SUPPOSED to APPEAR at The Women's Royal Rumble!? 

Admittedly, this piece of news is a week and a half old but you may think it isn't all that bad. 

Well, because of how the wrestling news cycle moves faster than an MCU Disney Plus show, this story might as well be 5,000 years old. 

From Fightful Selectrinos, the current Impact knockouts tag team champions were offered to be part of this year's stinker that was the Royal Rumble show, more specifically the women's Royal Rumble match but they refused. 

Mustafa Ali Has A YEAR LEFT In His CONTRACT!? 

My man Mustafa Ali be begging for his WWE release like Oliver Twist (can't blame the guy, I guess). 

And kinda bad news I guess for the talented performer and a certified face of humanity because according to said Al Fightful Bin Select, Mustafa Ali has "well over a year into his contract, at least". 

Bianca Carelli SIGNED with WWE!? 

Representation is important in any industry, especially in professional wrestling. 

So, it's great to see more POCs in the business, specifically, Italians. 

From the man that once rap battled against Akon, Santino Marella, confirmed in an interview with JBL and Gerald Brisco's Stories With Bradshaw and Brisco that his daughter, Bianca Carelli has signed with world wrestling entertainment and will be at the performance center in 2 weeks. 

Side note but JBL has a podcast now? What are the podcast topics include? Why bullying should be legal? 

Mauro Ranallo Has A NEW SERIES COMING!?

We all can agree that Twitter is legitimately, a blue hell something that The Rock has warned us about for many years based on the number of times he's used the damn word.  

One of the best things (wink, wink) about that darn website was Mauro Ranallo and his interactions with the fanbase. 

And now, he's hosting a reality-based show coming out on March 16th called "Beyond The Edge" being aired on CBS and Paramount Plus, you know, the thing Star Trek Picard is in. 

It's basically Survivor but celebrities (that is such a mid-2000s idea for a reality show, it's actually funny). 

When is Rey Mysterio RETIRING? 

Let's hear it from the man himself (from WrestlingInc): 

"I think I’ll step back once I feel like my son is ready just to take off on his own,” “That would be really helpful for him. I’m hoping that it happens within this year. For him to branch out and take care of things on his own. I’ve had the opportunity to be on the same house shows as him, with me wrestling in a completely separate match and him wrestling by himself."


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...