Skip to main content

WWE Royal Rumble 2022 | A Coherent Review.

Royal Rumble 2022. Sponsored by a Logic song from 9 years ago, you know, before his corny arc. 

It's my 4th year reviewing the annual Royal Rumble show and so, a question you may be wondering (you weren't but for the sake of it), how does this PP…….excuse me, premium live event hold up compared to the recent Royal Rumble shows? 

It was just kinda there. Other than the opening contest, the program didn't do much for me. 

Images via WWE.com

Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins For The Universal Championship. 


What a way to kick this PLE (doesn't have a ring to it) with this absolute banging of bangers. 

While yes, the bout ended via a DQ due to Roman Reigns still locking on the guillotine, the context of the story being told with Rollins wearing the Shield attire and the way the former universal champion disrespected the current universal champion last night, made a whole lot of sense. 

In other words, I thought the entire thing was f**king brilliant storytelling if you ask me. 

2022 Women's Royal Rumble Match. 


I'm not going to describe every single thing that happened in this match because your favourite white-bearded guys got you covered. 

Rather, I'll highlight some of the things that happened in this huge encounter. The first of which being that everyone's favourite entrance, Melina showed up and got eliminated quicker than it takes for me to fill my green tea every morning. 

Naomi and Susan Deville's rivalry continued here and it was by far, the best thing they've done with this arc so far with Deville eliminating Cameron that led to Naomi eliminating her. 

Ivory wanted to make her statement but Ripley had the right to censor her a** by throwing the former women's champion over the top rope. Ivory's living the dream of all Kevin Samuels' viewers with her promo. 

As soon as Ronda Rousey made her WWE return, I knew who was going to win the whole thing. Which she eventually did. You mean to tell me that we saw back to back black women Royal Rumble winners? 

Gotta love black women succeeding. 

Becky Lynch vs Doudrop For The RAW Women's Championship. 


WWE went ahead with the one on one match instead of a 4-way match between Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, Doudrop and Becky Lynch that I thought would happen. Props, I guess? 

Becky walked out of St Louis still the RAW women's champion with a handle slam from the top rope.  

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley For The WWE Championship. 


Roman Reigns said, "I never forgot you, Brock". Why did I say that? 

Well, during the closing moments of the match, Roman speared Lesnar which was followed by Heyman giving Reigns the WWE title and nailed it on Brock's head. 

That gave Bob an opportunity to pin an unconscious Brock to become a 2 time WWE champion. 

I smell a match at Wrestlemania (no f**king sh*t, Omar). 

Edge And Beth Phoenix vs The Miz And Maryse. 

All 2 of you, know how I feel about this rivalry so I'll not repeat the fact that it's a feud based on a 2010 match on a random Smackdown episode. 

The match was kinda okay though. The grit couple prevailed in this mixed tag team encounter with a double glam slam.

2022 Men's Royal Rumble Match. 

Not gonna lie, this was the most underwhelming Royal Rumble match I've ever seen. I got nothing to say other than 2 time Brook Laser Royal Rumble winner. 

Nice seeing Bad Bunny. For real though, Brocky didn't need the Royal Rumble victory for the simple reason that the match at Wrestlemania for the blue belt has already been established based on the WWE championship bout earlier. 

I think an AJ Styles win would've been cool since a Styles and Lashley title match is a fresh match-up. 

Another Royal Rumble match victory that should've happened is Big E. 

A story of him being blindsided with the fatal 5-way match that led to his title loss only to build his momentum up, could've been great too. 

This entire encounter felt so meaningless and unnecessary in its execution which cannot be the case since I'm talking about the freaking Royal Rumble match. 

Way to go, laser man! 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins, some of the women's Royal Rumble match surprises. 

Didn't like: Men's Royal Rumble match. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 17/8/20 | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

This episode was A. S. S. Probably one of the most boring episodes I've seen all year.  The show was basically the Christmas episode/ the new year episode that came 4 months early.  And yes, I did post the Monday Night RAW review last Wednesday just like today (which is Wednesday) but it isn't going to be permanent though.  The reason why I posted the review a day late is that, life. Just life.  pictures via  WWE.com Drew Talks About What Randy Did To The Nature Boy Last Week.  McIntyre's reaction to what Randy did to Ric Flair was a feeling of disgust saying that Orton without question, heinously attacked a friend, a mentor and a father figure. As Drew continues to talk about how he'll beat the sh*t out of the legend killer, there were some technical issues that plagued the entire segment.  And who was responsible for that? Well, it was none other than Retribution.  Drew saw the verbal chaos going on f...