Skip to main content

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism. 

"Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston. 

(WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm). 

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28. 

I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time. 

Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane. 

If anything, this distraction finish was a great character development for Bryan even if WWE didn't see it because like a CW show, everybody knows the company has an eye for long-term storytelling. 

Kevin Owens vs Goldberg. Fastlane 2017.

Let me take out the sarcasm for a bit, okay? Fastlane 2017 was a bad PPV and like the match at Wrestlemania 28 for the world title, the universal title encounter was as short as a darn TIKTAK video. 

BUTTTTT! This match did two things. One, it elevated the Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho saga and two, it followed up with the only great match in Goldberg's career with Brocky Brock (I sound like his mother after saying that) at Wrestlemania. 

Another good thing about this is that it's the last time I'm ever putting Goldberg on a positive countdown piece so that's cool. 

Harlem Heat vs The Steiner Bros vs Sting And Lex Luger For The WCW World Tag Team Championship. WCW Nitro June 24th 1996.

WCW and the shenanigans of it all is their secret sauce that makes the consumption of the product either edible or downright disgusting depending on your taste despite what the "I observe art through objectivity" crowd would tell you (I, for one, love the chaos which explains this section of the article). 

And what better way to talk about said consumption than by mentioning this piece of booking. 

After The Super Crackers had already made their presence on WCW television as a duo, they decided to involve themselves into a match that was pretty decent. 

HOWEVER! Nothing and I mean, NOTHING defeats the power of creative interference from the top dawgs, I guess. 

It was so crazy, this was probably the inspiration behind AEW's "ending a Dynamite episode with brawls and babyfaces making the save" trope. 

And Yes, people. This was Booker T before he decided to speak in a British accent because he won an opportunity to put on a crown, you know, britphobia as I like to call it. 


Let me know some of the best distraction finishes. Follow ya boy on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...