Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: An NXT Segment Getting Some Backstage Praise!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

some pictures via WWE.com

Stephanie McMahon One Of The Best Heels In The Attitude Era? Jim Ross Thinks So. 

Jimmy Ross recently talked about the role Stephanie McMahon and whether she was "one of the best heels we had in the attitude era" (from sescoops): 

“I always believe she was one of the best heels that we had in the Attitude Era. Because she took so much after her dad.”

Stephanie played as the spoiled rich daughter of an a*h*ole boss and that is a dish of easy heel heat. 

Stephanie McMahon's spoiled brat type of heel moulded well with a vicious, opportunist of a bad guy that Triple H portrayed as during the era of the McMahon/Hemsley faction. 

Without her constant presence on TV, A piece of Triple H's persona especially in the year 2000, would be missing. 

So yes, I do agree with good old JR on this one.

An NXT Segment Getting Some Backstage Praise!? 

Remember the Johnny Gargano/ Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell storyline NXT was showcasing? 

Well, according to this past week's Fightful Wrestling Weekly written by Sean Ross Scott (you're welcome, Chris Van Vliet), those segments were praised. 

The person that Fightful spoke to said that quote "they felt that they made Indi Hartwell without even having her on-screen". 

But, the person mentioned that it "highlighted" some issues on the roster due to how they needed to build guys up on TV. 

For some reason, the latest chapter in the Indi Hartwell storyline is nowhere to be seen on NXT this week.

Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae were on the episode and it had nothing to do with Indi Hartwell. 

I came across the news last Wednesday on the Fightful Wrestling Weekly so I had to talk about it. 

By the way, this story was reported on Fightful select a few weeks ago but it was an interesting piece of news since this is a storyline that I'm not the biggest fan of yet it was well-received backstage. 

Some Interesting Women's Wrestling Numbers Regarding The NXT And AEW Dynamite's First Year. 

We're a full year in the "Wednesday Night Wars" and in it, comes some date particularly how the women were booked on television. 

This statistic came from Kristen Ashly co-founder of Bell To Belles so major shout out to her for posting the statistic. 

I am not going to write about everything in the article but rather show you some of the interesting numbers. 

The total women's match time for NXT is 732:33 while AEW Dynamite is 368:26. 

Speaking of total encounters, the average match time for NXT is 7:33 while AEW Dynamite is 6:57. 

One last thing to note from the article, the number of times that NXT hasn't featured women's matches on TV is 0 while AEW Dynamite hasn't featured women's matches in 3 different times.  

Overall, this isn't a huge shock that NXT has portrayed the women on tv better than AEW Dynamite. 

I highly recommend you guys to read the whole thing. 

Kris Statlander Isn't Sure When She's Returning To The Ring. 

Speaking of AEW Dynamite and their women's division. 

Kris Statlander spoke with Sports Illustrated and Justin Barrasso and during the discussion, she wasn't sure when she's coming back to the ring: 

"It’s really difficult to tell. It’s a big injury. I had surgery at the end of July, but I’m doing everything I can to get back as soon as I can. Right now, it’s too early to tell." 

For those who do not know, Kris Statlander tore her ACL back in June after she delivered a tope suicida on Kip Sabian and had surgery for the injury. 

The typical recovery time for an ACL injury may take 8 to 12 months. 

Like I tell all the wrestlers who are injured, I wish them nothing but a speeding recovery.

Elias Going To Be A Top Star On RAW!?

The company is seeing nothing but stars in Elias (I mean, that's what Dave Meltzer sees in Kenny Omega for a while). 

At least that is what Inside The Ropes and Gary Cassidy has heard from his snitc……..I mean, sources. 

Gary noted that Elias is going to be a "staple of the red brand going forward and one of the show’s top stars." 

The report went on to state that WWE has confidence in the guy to nail a performance and the move to Monday Nights wasn't just a move. 

It was for the show to allow longer musical and promo segments. 

I was out of the Elias fandom train for 2 years now and I'm hoping that confidence that WWE has in Elias is put to practice. 

This is a chance for the drifter character to have a slight reboot. I'm intrigued as to where it leads. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...

WWE Royal Rumble 2021 | A Coherent Review.

I know it's something you've heard a gazillion times but it's true.  We are on the road to Wrestlemania which is f'ing crazy to think about.  While this year's Royal Rumble PPV had its moments, the show as a whole was just fine.  By the way, the show was almost 4 hours but it felt like 2.  As usual, I can't talk about the women's tag team title match at the pre-show simply because I've not seen it.  Images via WWE.com Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg For The WWE Championship.  When Goldberg hits the jackhammer, I almost had a heart attack but thank God the Scotsmen kicked out.   Oh, and Drew McIntyre won the match in a meh opening match that was shorter than the Immortals Fenix Rising demo (the most specific reference I've ever made).  They showed some respect after the match.  At least Drew McIntyre won, right?  Sasha Banks vs Carmella For The SmackDown Women's Championship.  Carmella almost killed herself with that sick looking suic...