Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: HANGMAN PAGE IS BACK!

I'm so sorry that I haven't done a "Coherent AEW Take" in *checks the archives* ALMOST 2 MONTHS but I'm back and another week, another decent episode of both Rampage and Dynamite. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

Bryan Danielson vs Matt Jackson. 

Bryan Danielson. A name I should get used to saying since I've been calling the guy Daniel Bryan my entire wrestling fandom (yes, I was a semen until the year 2000 hit). 

And no surprise, a match that involved Bryan Danielson and one half of the Young Bucks is actually, you know, GOOD! 

Danielson won the encounter with a submission move I can't name because I'm a fake wrestling fan. 

The Jurassic Express, as well as Christian Cage, showed up and a brawl between them and The Elite ensued. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Jade Cargill defeated Nyla Rose And Thunder Rosa - An exciting match on paper but the execution was fine at best in my opinion. 

Orange Cassidy defeated Jack Evans In An Hair vs Hair Match - Tips for Jack Evans' new shaved head from a bald-headed person like myself. 1, always wear a beanie in winter times. 2, watch out for the a**holes that try to slap your head. And 3, just embrace the shaved head dude. Having hair is literally overrated, my friend. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

HANGMAN PAGE IS BACK!

And won the casino ladder match and became number one contender for the AEW world championship. 

The excitement and the so-called "momentum" is still there for the cowboy despite the amount of time he's been off TV which is quite rare and fascinating at the same time. 

The reason being is that even a few months being off TV, could derail a character's build significantly depending on certain instances. 

All I'm saying is, LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

The Elite vs The Jurassic Express, Christian Cage And Bryan Danielson. 

I describe this opening contest as a highlight reel. 

There were so many noteworthy moments that it'll honestly fill at least 1000 words. 

The match reminded me why I love the in-ring aspect of wrestling and that is, it's f**king fun to watch. 

The Elite guys prevailed with a knee strike from all 4 guys to Jungle Boy which was a fitting end, if you ask me considering that they're known for their knee strikes and kicks. 

Malaki Black Gave My Man, Dante Martin The Black Mist. 

Can I just say how I love how Malaki Black ensues the Japanese black mist with a bit of Norse mythology in his ring gear? 

It's almost as if the depths of the persona has been explored better than WWE ever could. 

I'm glad his talents are furnishing here because his main roster run was a wasted potential. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

CM Punk's "I love pro wrestling" speech for the 100th time - I mean, he's interacting with the crowd and they're happy to see him. That's all it matters. 

Sammy Guevara retained the TNT Championship against Bobby Fish - Another NXT alum on AEW TV and I'm not gonna lie. It felt weird at first, to get used to the fact that he (and Adam Cole) are on AEW given how NXT aired on the same night as Dynamite.  

Sammy Guevara took a beating from Dan Lambert's posse until he was saved by his Inner Circle buddies in Chris Jericho and Jake Hager. 

Speaking of things that feel weird, Jake Hager as a babyface. 

Also, AEW, why are you making Dan Lambert a thing? That's like turning Yezzy's foam shoes a thing. Like, eww, no. 

The TBS Championship Has Been Revealed - You mean the Jade Cargill championship, right? I would prefer an AEW 6 man tag team belt considering how deep their tag team division is. Jurassic Express, Best Friends alongside Orange Cassidy, The Elite guys I could go on and on. 

Although AEW's women's division has gotten way better since the company's inception, I just don't think the division needs a secondary championship just yet. 

Darby Allin defeated Nick Comoroto - Mind you, that defeat was quick. 

Brian Cage wants to destroy Ricky Starks - I don't know how Ricky didn't get his a** kicked by Cage during his time on commentary at Rampage last weekend but unfortunately for Brian, the beating wasn't enough for the big man, 

Serena Deeb defeated Hikaru Shida - A decent match. Deeb hits Shida with the glass award plate because why not, right? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...