Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Keith Lee On His "Bear Cat" Persona.

Before I start this news week, I want to address my 2 viewers that read this site frequently. Massive apologies for the inconsistent content recently. 

I wasn't feeling well (not Covid related, thankfully and yes, I did take the 5G super deluxe ultimate vaccine so you should too if you haven't already) and I had to put my life on pause for the recovery process to begin (not the Quantum Break type). 

Part of me felt really sh*tty that I didn't provide my usual consistent reviews, news weeks and other forms of content to you guys (what I meant by "you guys" is JJ and probably my alt account reading this).

Thankfully, the content grind is back if you're into a wannabe film critic like wrestling takes with bad jokes. 

For those unaware, in this article, I write about the 5 major or minor news, rumours and spoilers. However, because I've been off creating content for 2 weeks, some of the topics this week are opinion based. 

So, let's get it! 

Quick Thoughts On Extreme Rules 2021.


Now, this was supposed to be "The Coherent Review" but WWE's latest PPV show does not deserve a review because, like their writing and booking, my thoughts will be half a**ed. 

Usually, when I consume entertainment, I'll point out the high and low moments of a program. 

In this rare instance, I felt a sense of neutrality throughout most of the show which is what made this show, pun intended, EXTREMELY skippable. 

Like when Sasha Banks returned, I'm supposed to be excited. Instead, my reaction is, "Eh. I'm hoping she's vaccinated". 

The ending was the only time on this 3 hour PPV that I didn't have the feeling of "meh". Matter fact, It made me react like, "Alhamdulillah, the shaytan has been defeated. God is great."

Thoughts On The 2021 WWE Draft So Far. 


The WWE Draft aka the new face of the word, "spontaneous". 

The 2021 edition of the annual WWE draft (night 1) exposed the main problem with all drafts in recent years and that is, it's set up right in the middle of a time where both shows don't need new faces especially since some of those new faces have a story arc going on. 

And yes, the selected draft picks don't take into effect until after Crown Jewel but then comes another question, why can't the draft happen AFTER Crown Jewel? 

Side note, why split The New Day AGAIN!? 

There were picks in the draft that I, as a wannabe wrestling pundit, approve of. 

The pick for Drew McIntyre going to Smackdown is a needed fresh start for the Greek looking Scotsmen as he's done everything there is to do on Monday Night RAW. 

While the draft (so far) is prettay, prettay, pretty random, it isn't the most offensive thing I've seen. Will see what night 2 has in store. 

Keith Lee On His new "Bearcat" Persona. 


Since I've caught up with all of the major shows within a few week period, I found out that Keith Lee has a nickname, "Bearcat". 

I have two questions, is it because Keith Lee is big as a bear and fast as a cat or is the name based on legendary wrestler Bearcat Wright aka the first-ever black world champion in professional wrestling? 

I don't know but Keith Lee has given his thoughts on the moniker on this past week's RAW Talk if you could call it that (from WrestlingInc): 

"Whoever stands across the ring from me will realize the same thing that you are right now – the mission is the same, the person they thought they knew is ever so slightly different.”

From the outside looking in, that statement sounds like something out of a mean Rocky fan fiction or even a bad Romcom. Pick your poison. 

Mojo Rawley Working For TMZ!? 

Yes, the headline above is indeed correct (somehow, The Miz made the word "correct" cringe to utter so thanks, bro). 

More specifically, the former WWE superstar is joining TMZ sports. He'll also be part of Fox Sports 1 (a channel so dead, even CM Punk couldn't save it). 

Where is Shane McMahon At? 

A question nobody asked (not even his own father, if I had to guess) but since the news was slow, I put this piece of news there for the content. 

So, where is Shane NO? Well, according to Fightful Select, Shane is still contracted with the company as a talent but he's rarely in the WWE offices. 

I mean, I would also rarely show up at WWE's head office but that's just me though. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...