Skip to main content

A Few News I Guess: Brian Cage Was Supposed To Debut At Chris Jericho's Cruise!?

Since this past week’s news was slower than a 70s wrestling match, I decided to provide you guys with a few news, I guess? 

Now, there was supposed to be a 3rd story that talked about the IATSE Strike and how it would affect professional wrestling television production but just yesterday, the 128-year-old union's West Coast area just reached a 3-year agreement with the producers union, the AMPTP which isn't a great deal for the workers but corporations, am I right? 

Let's say if IATSE did go on strike today, I honestly can't see it affecting WWE all that much (I do see it affecting AEW though since they utilized IATSE to handle their production side of things). 

Besides, if there's one thing we've learned from last year is that even at the height of the pandemic, WWE's televised programs were still airing. For all we know, their shows will still be on the air even in a post-apocalyptic world. 

I don't know if y'all played the Last Of Us but there was an easter egg in which Monday Night RAW was still airing with a 200-year-old Vince McMahon wrestling against a broomstick and a pillow in a triple threat mini salad steel cage match with moving dildos. 

I don't make sh*t up, guys but you gotta give some credit, at least this story is more believable than anything Tom Colohue has put out. 

Also, unions rule. 

Frustration Going On Regarding The Women’s Division. 

If you've been watching the main roster shows as of late (sorry to hear that), you'll notice how the women have been getting the amount of screen time that Bob O'Neill gets on his "corner's 3" segment in that it's too damn short (a possible Distraction appearance?). 

From Fightful Select, there've been frustrations from WWE wrestlers and staff surrounding the women's division and the Queen's Crown tournament. If the tournament was rated on Rotten Tomatoes then the whole thing is a damn rotten. 

Look, guys. You do not need a redneck to tell you guys that the division has been showcased with a lack of importance or even a slight interest. 

It sucks because these performers are so talented considering that they shouldn't deal with the little amount of enthusiasm from the higher-ups. 

Brian Cage Was Supposed To Debut At Chris Jericho's Cruise!?

In an interview with The Dynamite Download podcast (can smell the Caucasity from the name alone), Brian Cage revealed that he was scheduled to make his AEW debut at Chris Jericho's Cruise (from Post Wrestling): 

"I talked to Tony [Khan], somewhere at the end of December 2019 and we pretty much worked it out and then originally I was gonna try to debut at the Jericho cruise, and then, it went to the first Dynamite in February but I tore my bicep the second weekend in January, my last weekend with IMPACT. So then I had surgery and that changed everything [for] what we originally planned."

Cool. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...