Skip to main content

WWE NXT 31/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

The yellow brand might be the multicolour brand soon. I'm curious, where are the people that don't see colour, think about this change, huh? 

All lame jokes aside, this is the weekly coherent NXT review and I thought the episode was just fine. 

Images via WWE.com

Sarray vs Mandy Rose. 


Mandy Rose looked impressive in this bout. Rose "had a broken face" and was escorted to the backstage area while the ref counted to 10. 

As a result, Sarray won the match via a count-out. I wouldn't mind a rematch between those two women. 

Kyle O'Reilly vs Duke Hudson. 


Call me shocked but I never knew before last week or so that Duke is an Aussie. I assumed that he's a Floridian or something (did you just assume that all tanned white dudes are from Florida? That's problematic, Omar!). 

Hudson tapped out of the kneebar from Kyle O'Reilly. Cool. 


Ilja Dragunov was like, "Hey, I'm a champ now". Nice. 

Santos Escobar told Carmelo Hayes to stay out of the North American championship title scene.

And Cameron Grimes "accidentally" put his million-dollar belt on Zack Gibson's foot. That's for being a Liverpool fan, ya dope. 


Ember Moon wanted a match with Kay Lee Ray for next week's episode. Should be a decent match. 

Drake Maverick And Grayson Waller vs Imperium. 


The Drake Maverick and Grayson Waller team are like the duo of Ice Cube and Mike Epps in Friday 2 and 3 in that it'll never top the duo of the OG in Ice Cube and Chris Tucker (if you can't tell, I'm referring to the team of Drake Maverick and Killian Dain). 

Imperium prevailed here. Cool. 

LA Knight vs Johnny Gargano. 

Thanks to Johnny Gargano focusing too much on Dexter Lumis, Gargano ate the pin from La Knight. 

Gargano losing like that ain't helping him becoming the top heel (if the rumour is true because we just don't know yet). 

Raquel Gonzalez vs Jessi Kamea. 

Really? Do I have to tell you who won the match? 


Samoa Joe in an interview with Wade Barret was like, "I'll fight all comers'. I have to say, Wade Barret is really good at this interview thing. 


Roderick Strong vs Ikemen Jiro. 

Strong defeated Jiro in an alright match with a suplex into a backbreaker (now THAT is a finishing move). 

Tomasso Ciampa vs Ridge Holland. 


A series of kicks and a DDT from Tomasso Ciampa is how Ciampa won the match which is an odd booking choice given that Ridge Holland is supposed to be built as an unstoppable monster. Not a fan of that decision, honestly. 

Msk helped Ciampa in avoiding a further beating from Peter Dune and his brufs. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Sarray vs Mandy Rose, forgot to mention that Wade Barret is good at interviewing.

Didn't like: Ridge Holland losing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...