Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: John Cena DOESN'T Want To Work With Another Wrestling Company!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Images via WWE.com

John Cena DOESN'T Want To Work With Another Wrestling Company!? 


Don't let my clickbaity headline writing skills that'll probably make Fightful writer, Jeremy Lambert jealous (that's a lie, Omar). 

John Felix Anthony Cena did say that at a Florida Supercon during a Q/A session (more like, Florida Superspreadder am I riaght? Oh and shout out to Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling for the quotes): 

"There’s a whole like ‘never say never’ philosophy and I’m also that way in life because you never know what life will bring you. But, I can with certainty say no."

Cena is a WWE company guy through and through. 

But, at this point, John is such a big star (so big in fact that his latest line of merchandise didn't sell well) that it wouldn't hurt his career had he appeared at AEW or something given that he doesn't need WWE anymore, ya know. 

Mercedes Martinez About To Get New Theme Music From WWE?


Mercedes Martinez. You know, a pro wrestler with so much potential and offering in WWE yet the company released her (along with many others) for "budget cuts" because clearly, corporations are struggling to make money, right (sarcasm for all of you slow mofos)? 

She took place in a virtual meeting and greet with K&S WrestleFest and during the meeting, she revealed that there was a new theme song in the works for the former WWE performer (From Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling): 

"Yes [I did have input on my WWE theme music]. I had two themes for WWE. The first one, everyone pretty much loved which was from the Mae Young Classic when I first debuted so I had some input into that, making sure that it was Latin-influenced with some reggaetón in it so that was my favorite. 

When I came back from the pandemic, we changed it because I turned heel. I was just more badass and we had — I had a little bit of influence on that one too as well. We wanted it a little dark. It was more — I feel like it was a Undertaker vibe. 

So I did have a little bit of influence on that one as well. Before I got released, we were basically trying to come up with a new theme music where it was a interaction of both music’s put together to try to come up with something new.

Reinvention, an evolution I guess you can say but, for those who are watching me on the indies in the next couple of weeks and months, I do have brand new music that I had input on it. I helped with a composer to actually make that new music."

Her first theme song was all kinds of reggaeton catchiness. The second one? Generic isn't even the right word for it. That's how forgettable the theme song was. 

The Potential Market Value For AEW. 


Dave Meltzer of "the Godfather of wrestling pundits starring angry white dudes" spoke with a Stanford sports business about the total market value for the elite brand in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (from WrestlingInc): 

"I had a discussion with a sports business professor at Stanford who has followed the AEW business and put a market value of the product at $400 million right now."

F**king yikes. That's a LOT of revenue generated for a company that has been around for a few years now (yea, no f**king shit, Omar). 

When's Samoa Joe Coming Back To In-Ring Action? 

The specific answer according to the aforementioned Dave Meltzer (from Bleacher Report) is that it's "vague" and how Samoa Joe was rehired to the company to fill the "front-office person" role in the company. 

In other words, YOU JUST GOT CLICKBAITED! 

WWE BANNED How Many Words!? 

Too many, headline above at least according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Here are the words (from Cagesideseats): 

"Blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and “being over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder."

Yes, people, they banned the word "wrestling" and "wrestlers"! It's like Disney telling Marvel to ban the words "Superheroes" and "Heroes".

WWE is like the person that orders food without a series of core ingredients and in return, the person gets a bland, flavourless product. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 17/8/20 | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

This episode was A. S. S. Probably one of the most boring episodes I've seen all year.  The show was basically the Christmas episode/ the new year episode that came 4 months early.  And yes, I did post the Monday Night RAW review last Wednesday just like today (which is Wednesday) but it isn't going to be permanent though.  The reason why I posted the review a day late is that, life. Just life.  pictures via  WWE.com Drew Talks About What Randy Did To The Nature Boy Last Week.  McIntyre's reaction to what Randy did to Ric Flair was a feeling of disgust saying that Orton without question, heinously attacked a friend, a mentor and a father figure. As Drew continues to talk about how he'll beat the sh*t out of the legend killer, there were some technical issues that plagued the entire segment.  And who was responsible for that? Well, it was none other than Retribution.  Drew saw the verbal chaos going on f...