Skip to main content

The Coherent AEW Take: A Great Debut Wrestling Episode Ever?

If you can't tell already, this is the first-ever article of THE Coherent AEW Take where I simply recap the two flagship shows for the elite brand. 

The show named after a movie that nobody saw and the show named after a song straight outta 2010 (shout out to Taio Cruz) aka Rampage and Dynamite. 

What are my overall thoughts? I had a good time watching both shows. The AEW crowd is literally the best thing about those shows. 

By the way, one hour shows f'ing rules. 

So, let's get into it, ya smarks. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

Christian Cage Wins The Impact And The TNA Title. 

What a way to kick off this show? Christian's wrestling style really mixed well with Omega which feels like, at times, they've wrestled each other many times before.

Yes, it ended with a distraction finish of some kind but it somehow didn't hurt Kenny Omega's momentum. 

Oh, and Christian coming back to the impact zone just feels right to me.

Miro's Booking. 

His months and months worth of storytelling is EXACTLY what I've wanted from Miro ever since he showed up to AEW. 

This man pretty much squashed Fuego Del Sol 

I'm not the biggest fan of Del Sol but Sammy Guevara giving his good friend the AEW contract is a good moment and the audience's reaction made the moment all that more impactful emotionally. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Britt Baker defeated Red Velvet for the AEW women's world championship - It sucks that I had to say this but as a fan of both women, I thought the match was kinda mid. 

But, at least someone won a match in their hometown, right? 

Kris Statlander saved Red Velvet from a stomp however, she was taken down by Jaime Hayder. I smell a tag team match, Playas! 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

Sammy Guevara vs Shawn Spears. 

This was simply a fun encounter. Both men utilized every second of this match wisely thanks to its close near falls towards the second and third half of the match. 

Oh, and congratulations to Guevara on the engagement. 

The Young Bucks vs The Jurassic Express In Jungle Boy And Luchasaurus. 

Speaking of matches with fantastic near falls. I've never enjoyed a tag match quite like this. 

Of course, the arrogant and obnoxious duo retained their titles with the BTE trigger. The heels stood tall at the end in a post-match beatdown. 

The "drunk guy that admitted on f**king his cousin" look from Omega has to go. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Sting And Darby Allin defeated 2.0 - I sometimes cringe every time Sting takes a bump considering what happened to him almost 6 years ago but I have to admit, he held himself decently here. 

Side note, this is the only time I've ever seen the former Ever-Rise get a little bit of a "push". 

Dan Lambert Said That AEW Isn't The Answer To Pro Wrestling - Pale blonde Tucker Carlson over here is already my least favourite thing about this show. You could also call him Pat McAfee without the charm. 

Lance Archer came out to give Dan Lambert and his MMA crew a beating until he took a beating of his own from Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page. 

QT Marshall Talks Down On Paul Wight - To put a bit of context since I don't watch AEW's version of Main Event, Paulie got in the ring for a bit and as a consequence of it, the big man announced that he'll face QT Marshall at All Out. 

Welllllllllll, it's a match, guys (what a cornball). 

A Failed Beatdown From FTW To Brian Cage- That was something. 

Thunder Rosa prevailed in her match against Penelope Ford - A decent bout is all I'll say. 

"The MAGA Affect" Chris Jericho lost to "for dummies piece on how to be a heel" MJF - This is one of the most unique builds I've seen for a match that took place on a TV episode. It's pretty impressive not gonna lie. 

I was cheering on Jericho only because I didn't want my man CeeHawk to suffer from relentless Long Island slander (by the way, you all should give him a follow by clicking here). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 31/5/21 | A Coherent Review.

I was recently reading my RAW reviews from 2019 and the thing that is common in all of those reviews was that while I had some issues with those episodes, the shows were decent as a whole.  2021, however, is, of course, a different story. Ever since the fall of last year, I've been consistently getting terrible episode after terrible episode that is giving SNL a run for its money.  At this point, criticizing Monday Night RAW is a God damn routine.  Images via WWE.com   The Miz TV. Special Guest, Charlotte Flair.  As told by the headline above, the show opened with Miz TV. A segment that literally nobody looks forward to.   You had John Morrison legit wearing a necklace that is covered in garlic for protecting himself from any supernatural thing appearing which was PEAK CRINGE.  Charlotte Flair stated that she'll send Rhea Ripley to hell in 3 weeks (by the way, this is still a weird decision to move the Hell In A Cell show in the summer but whateve...