Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: The Reason For Karrion Kross' "New Look" On RAW.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Some images via WWE.com

Alex Zayne On His Career In NXT. 


Alex Zayne or Ari Sterling if you're the resident WWE shill like myself, is, of course, known for his time in NXT/205 Live where he's been mostly a mainstay in the cruiserweight division. 

Unfortunately, he was one of the dozen people that was released by WWE weeks back due to "budget cuts" (because corporations are CLEARLY struggling with getting that "hard-earned cash", am I right?). 

Frank Mandolini of The Last Minute Wrestling Podcast recently caught up with Alex and asked him about his time in the CWC (from Frank's press release): 

" I don’t know, I always roll with the punches, that’s my whole lifestyle anyway, so as soon as I got the call I hung up the call, I called WIlliam Regal and said thanks for everything - ‘cause he’s who brought me in, so shout out to William Regal -, I hung up that call and I immediately was like onward and upward, hitting up all the promoters, [...] people were like ‘I haven’t even seen it’ and I said no one has I just hung up the phone!”

Wayne has also talked about a variety of topics like his future plans in the business as well as his appearance on NJPW Strong which you can check out the entire interview here. 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday. 


Since I slept for 14 hours and forgot to review this week's Smackdown episode (yes, the sleep was fantastic), I decided to give my quick thoughts on the blue brand and well……. It was fine.

Becky Lynch's promo before Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, Carmella and Zelina Vega (aka the entire women's division) showed up, tried so hard to "heel it up" but failed miserably because the crowd was just happy to see the man back in world wrestling entertainment. 

Finn Balor got his universal title match against Roman Reigns next and it feels a little too soon but as the cliche saying goes, "will see what happens". 

Sami Zayn got a win for the first time since 1884 so that's cool. 

Johnny Gargano Becoming The Top Heel In NXT!? 


Now, why is that headline above? 

Mike Johnson of PWInsider noted that with Karrion Kross being demoted and Adam Cole avoiding that demotion, NXT is now positioning Johnny Gargano as the top heel of the future rainbow brand alongside Peter Dune and Roderick Strong. 

Kofi Kingston Wasn't Cleared To Compete During Summerslam Weekend? 

The aforementioned PWinsider have stated that Kingston isn't cleared to compete. 

The specifics of why he hasn't been cleared isn't known. I wish Kofi Kingston nothing but the speediest of recoveries. 

The Reason For Karrion Kross' "New Look" On RAW. 

Andrew Zarian Of Mad Men Wrestling Podcast revealed that it's basically because of branding and merchandising. 

I would create a series of Karrion Kross' merch with the line "I have a torture fetish" but that would be too funny and sensible for WWE's toilet humour. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...