Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Paige On Not Wanting To Be In The Hall Of Fame Any Time Soon, Quick Thoughts On Smackdown.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. 

A quick announcement regarding The 5 News Week. I'm taking a 2-week hiatus and one of the reasons why is that next Sunday is my Wrestlemania night 1 review. 

The 5 News Week will be back on April 25th. 

Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.  

Images via WWE.com

The Motivation As To Why NXT Moved To Tuesdays. 

WWE has finally notified the wrestling world that the black and gold brand will move to Tuesdays. 

Now, what's the motivation behind the move exactly? Fightful select has the answer! 

According to them, the reason for the move is that Triple H wanted to focus more on the product and less on the viewership (*cough, cough* bullsh*t). 

The report goes on to note that several of the NXT talent and staff denied the notion that Triple H said something along the lines of getting bullied off of Wednesday nights by the elite brand. 

To put a context on that notion, Davey boy Meltzer on the Wrestling Observer Radio (from WrestlingInc) talked about a meeting that Triple H had before this past week's episode of NXT. 

In the meeting, Meltzer highlighted a saying from Triple H that competition came and they were bullied off of Wednesdays. 

Dave did clarify the "competition" line on Twitter. 

Hopefully, this is the last news of "NXT moving to Tuesdays" talk because I've been writing about this story for several months now. 

Bobby Lashley Named Lio Rush, Isiah Swerve Scott And Naomi As Member Of The Hurt Business That He'll Like To See. 

Bob Lashley was recently interviewed by the Battleground podcast and during the discussion, Bob listed some of the names that he would like to see be part of The Hurt Business (from Post Wrestling):

"There’s a lot of people. There’s a lot of people that I look at and I think, ‘Hmm, could it be a possibility?’ 

But, if I start throwing names out and then speculations are going and like, ‘Oh –’ you know, Swerve’s been looking a little bit rough lately. He’s got that rough style. Isaiah Swerve down there in NXT and then, there’s a lot of different people. 

I mean before, we were trying to pull Apollo [Crews] over but Apollo found his niche over there in SmackDown which I love also. In NXT, not sure. 

Females, there’s a few women that we would love to be able to talk to if that were the case. I can’t really say any names but I think Naomi looks pretty prime, ready to go beat some people up but you know, you can’t speculate or you can’t throw some stuff out because I don’t know where we’re going. 

There’s only that fantasy booking. With the fantasy booking, there’s a few people that I would like to see. 

So, I don’t even know where Lio [Rush] is at. I like Lio, I’ve always loved Lio. We can always bring him back."

I think all of those names are great potential options especially Naomi as her heel run in 2015/2016 was pretty underrated and I would like to see that side of her explored a lot more. 

Paige On Not Wanting To Be In The Hall Of Fame Any Time Soon. 

In Paige's Twitch livestream, she spoke with her chat about not wanting to be in the Hall Of Fame class anytime soon (from Post Wrestling):

"I feel like they’re [WWE] not gonna put me in the Hall Of Fame just yet. I’m not even 30 yet. 

I think there’s other women that are more entitled to go in there than me. I’m okay with waiting. Hopefully one day though, hopefully one day. Again, I’m not entitled to be in there but it would be nice."

I wouldn't mind the idea of Paige in the Hall Of Fame given that one, the Hall Of Fame itself isn't a prestigious ceremony as most people build it to be and rather, it's a marketing tool made for the Wrestlemania week festivities. 

Two, if Koko B Ware of all people is in the Hall Of Fame then I'm sure that Paige will be in it too. 

WWE Considering To Not Include A Match At Wrestlemania's Preshow? 

For years, a pre-show match at Wrestlemania is considered to be a staple in the so-called "show of shows' '. So, it's odd that I'm reading rumours like this. 

From Wrestlevotes, they've heard that they wouldn't be a match at the kick-off due to the fact that WWE is looking at the opening match of Wrestlemania as a "big deal" since it's the first match in front of a big live audience. 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown. 

Smackdown still maintains its level of meh-ness throughout most of its Wrestlemania build and this episode was a great example. 

I did like Edge's promo that opened the episode although I wish his heel turn didn't happen as I like baby faces that are multidimensional. 

A backstage scene saw Apollo Crews channelling his inner Dr Umar Johnson with his "spirit of the ancestors" speech in the most dated, comical way possible. 

By far, the best thing about the episode was Bianca Belair's promo and the recent build between Belair and the legit boss herself, Sasha Banks. 

It's so apples to spaceships difference between the recent 2 weeks of build and the several weeks of build that included the "can the champ and challenger" narrative. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...