Skip to main content

A Few Thoughts On: CM PUNK Going ALL OUT At The SCRUM!?

To all my 4 and a half viewers, remember when I said that was going to be consistent with the content considering that I posted 4 articles in July but then it turns out that I posted 3 articles in the month of August? 

Well, let's just pretend it didn't happen (like WWE's continuity before Vinnie Mac left). 

Since both shows were happening around the same time, I figured that I'll give you my brief thoughts on WWE clashing at a Welsh castle as well as AEW going all out once again in Chicago (I know it's not technically Chicago so do not Ben Sharpio outta this, YOU GEEK). 

WWE Clash At The Castle. 

WWE's first main roster UK PPV since the fall of nu metal and it rocked hard man (get it? Rocked? Nu metal? *sigh* maybe that's why I've written 3 articles). 

Pretty much every single match stole the show. 

The 6 woman tag match is exactly what AEW needs right now for their women's division and it's a sense of adrenaline and overall momentum. 

Gunther and Sheamus is what I expected this bout to be, which is big meaty men slapping meat. 

Dominik finally stood up to Rey Mysterio presumably because the kid realizes that Eddie Guerrero is his real Papi. 

Seth Rollins legit stomped Riddle's b**** a** not once but twice. 

While Drew McIntyre's broken dreams entrance was rad, it wasn't enough to end Roman Reigns' championship reign which feels like it lasted longer than Supernatural. 

Maybe they could build a storyline where Sami Zayn wins the Royal Rumble, building further tension between Zayn and Roman Reigns (as well as the entire bloodline) that'll lead to a Wrestlemania main event where he finally turns babyface? 

A man can only dream. 

Also, no surprise, World's Collide was really good. 

AEW All Out 2022. 

AEW's PPVs may be longer than a typical YouTube essay video but it's at least okay. 

In short, I didn't love it or hate it. 

The Acclaimed’s Max Caster referencing Lizzo like every reactionary white dude with a podcast that nobody listens to (oh, like yours Omar?). Nevertheless, the world tag title match was pretty rad and by far, my match of the night. 

That post-show scrum was insane, to say the least. First off, CM Punk having a deep voice that rivals Pop Smoke (rip) on top of that bizarre, made his speech all the more awkward. 

What's funny about all of this is I couldn't find a single article (whether from reliable sources such as F4Wonline or Fightful) stating that Punk made an attempt to fire his former BFF (yuck Omar, that was cringe) Colt Cabana.

So, congratulations CM Punk for giving MJF a Triple H circa 2002 like babyface pop. 

Speaking of people going off, Tony Khan was like, "I got more money than that old white wrestling promoter from the 70s/80s" and guys, what do you expect? He's a billionaire. 

So yeah, yay to the Elite guys?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...