Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Everything YOU Need To Know About Adam Cole’s Status In WWE.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Some images via wwe.com

Everything YOU Need To Know About Adam Cole’s Status In WWE. 


By the time this article hits the interwebs, this piece of news will be outdated as f**k because SO many reports have been released left, right and centre regarding Adam Cole's status in world wrestling entertainment (yea, no sh*t, a**hole). 

So, Let's summarize this bad boy. Adam Cole's contract expired after the 2021 edition of NXT's Great American Bash show this past July and agreed to extend his contract till Summerslam (from Wrestling Inc). 

Dave Meltzer of "I should think before I say something", has heard that Cole was offered a contract from "the best brand for white guys with wrestling podcasts", AEW while negotiating a new contract with NXT and hasn't accepted either offer as of mid-week (aka the original story of the Adam Cole news on The 5 News Week but to quote the old man himself, plans changed). 

In relation to Dave Meltzer's story, PW Unlimited claimed that Adam Cole "turned down all offers by the company (WWE)". 

And Sean Ross Sapp of "can your stories trend on Twitter multiple times, Mike Johnson?" stated on Fightful Select (from Comicbook.com) that Cole met with Vince McMahon a few hours before yesterday's episode of Smackdown because the meeting was a "high priority" for the old man. 

The meeting went well and McMahon as a result, took a liking to the innovator of the Panama sunrise. 


What are my opinions on this story? I honestly believe that based on the last news update from Fightful that Adam is staying with WWE. 

It's just that he's going to be on the main roster (more specifically, the red brand because OMG, that show needs some new faces with the amount of f**king meaningless rematches). 

I'm hoping that he's actually going to get utilized properly when he does demote himself to the main roster as a result of that meeting given that he's achieved everything there is to accomplish on NXT (speaking of NXT, that brand might not exist after yet another mass release yesterday). 

MLW Picked Up An Aztec Underground Series.


Major League Wrestling is looking to pick up a fan favourite. 

From Wrestling Inc, MLW ordered an Aztec Underground series titled "MLW: AZTECA and it will premiere this fall. 

If you've seen the season finale of MLW Fusion then you'll know that Dario Cuero or El Jefe made his first appearance signalling a tease of a Lucha Underground reboot of some kind which is what led to this report.

The deal was supposedly in the works for close to a year. 

Lucha Underground is a great example of how fully embracing the scripted nature of the industry is a huge advantage given that the amount of creative liberties as a result of embracing the scripted nature of pro wrestling, is higher.

Can't wait to see how this show unfolds later this year. 

Fandango Was About To Join 3MB?


In an interview with Such Good Shot Podcast, the former Johnny Curtis revealed that he was almost going to be a part of 3MB (from WrestlingInc): 

“So it was like 2012. And, you know, you just go to TV every week and get a dark match, they look at you to see if you grew any taller, or look different than you did last week. 

I remember sitting in the back and then Heath comes in. He’s like ‘man, I just pitched this idea to Vince. He’s like, I’m the one man rock band, but I need a band.’ 

So he’s all fired up because Heath wasn’t doing s--t at the time. So he’s about to get an angle and he’s all excited. He’s like ‘Vince just told me to go pick out two people. And then we’ll have a band.’ 

So he comes up to me and goes ‘you want to do it to me? 

I’m like, Yeah, whatever.’ I don’t care. And Ambrose, he’s like ‘yeah, whatever.’ So he goes back to Vince. And he’s like ‘no, I got something for him. I got something for him.’ He’s like, he’s like ‘Drew McIntyre and Jinder.’ The weirdest combination, you know, so yeah.”

Either way, the dude was going to end up being a low mid-card personality. 

When Is Natalya Returning Following Her Injury? 

According to Meltzer on WOR, Natalya is coming back following her surgery much sooner than people think. 

Hoping that's the case.

WarnerMedia Eyeing On Director Of Scripted Development & Programming For AEW. 

The corporate overlords at WarnerMedia are in search of a Director Of Scripted Development & Programming for the elite brand.  

Based on the job description, the job assignment includes being on top of all creative projects for AEW, working with the PR and marketing departments and overseeing all scripts, books and films related to AEW. 

It looks like AEW is expanding their creative empire which is why I saw Cody Rhodes' comments of "wrestlers are the writers. We’re the writers" to be kinda bullsh*te. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...