Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: The Current Plan For Eva Marie According To Reports.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

What’s Going On With The ShowBuzz Daily Website!?

Dave Meltzer on the Wrestling Observer has expressed concern regarding Showbuzz Daily not posting the daily TV rating due to technical issues stating (from Cagesideseats) "all wrestling companies, TV companies, sports stations, etc. looked to that site for numbers.”

The owner of the Showbuzz Daily entity, Mitch Metcalf, took to the blue hell that is Twitter and said that they can't add content to the site anymore over a shutdown that isn't clear as to what caused the shutdown itself. 

Metcalf went on to highlight that due to operating the site without generating revenue, the cost and time to bring back the site has made him think about the future of ShowBuzz Daily. 

Is this the end of wrestling sites posting about TV ratings for wrestling shows? Hell no. 

Thanks to Wade Keller over at the PWTorch, there is an alternative for wrestling sites to report on the TV ratings every single week. 

However, this is terrible news, especially since as Meltzer points out, entities within the industry rely on the site for statistical or other means. 

I'm hoping ShowBuzz Daily makes its return and the website doesn't end its run on reporting daily TV ratings. 

Rey Fenix Missing Double Or Nothing!?

Speaking of Dave Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, he reports that Rey Fenix will miss Double Or Nothing due to injuries sustained at a recent show in his native country of Mexico. 

The specifics of those injuries are unknown as of writing this. 

Wishing the guy nothing but the fastest of recoveries. 

WWE Studios' Film, TV And Social Media Departments Had Massive Layoffs!? 

WWE Studios aka a big waste of money. 

Now, WWE's movie division is, unfortunately, dealing with massive layoffs. In a piece from Deadline, the massive layoffs will lead to the department having a smaller staff running the division. 

The exact numbers are unspecified but the "cuts were deep". The news was told over the phone from the president and chief revenue officer, Nick Khan (do you know how sad this is?). 

Another example of laying off people only to keep as much revenue as possible. I think you know what economic system that allows such a thing to happen. 

AEW Planning On "A Unique Live Experience" For The Stadium Stampede Match At Double Or Nothing!? 


As far as I know, Double Or Nothing is tomorrow (a bit of sarcasm) and the elite brand is coming up with a blueprint of some sort to build a "unique live experience" for the upcoming Stadium Stampede match between The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle. 

From Fightful Select, they're implementing a "significant live experience" that would obviously be different from the last Stadium Stampede match a year ago. 

I don't know how it would exactly look but the unknown specifics for it is what makes this year's match pretty interesting.

The Current Plan For Eva Marie According To Reports.

And finally. If you've been hoping that Eva Marie wouldn't step into the ring as a result of her recent vignettes, well you're in luck. 

In a report from Fightful Select, the plan for Eva Marie doesn't involve her wrestling but rather help get a female talent over. 

Eva Marie's weakness isn't just her in-ring work. It's also her execution of dialogues. I don't know what female talent would benefit from what I'm assuming is a managerial role from Eva Marie.  

Will see what happens. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 13/7/20 | A Coherent Review.

I didn't like this show. Thankfully, this episode didn't pull a Smackdown but because of how well last week's show went, I felt really underwhelmed watching that.   MVP Lounge. Special Guest, Dolph Ziggler.  Montel Von Porter welcomed his guest that shares a common hatred for Drew McIntyre and that guest is, of course, Dolph Ziggler.  Ziggler compliments the new United States championship design to which MVP let him know that he'll talk to his people and get a new WWE championship design once the show-off, wins the championship (and honestly, Ziggler's got a point, the WWE Title needs a new design).  Dolph further tells MVP that he's the reason why Drew defeated Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.  Out came the Scotsmen himself and he basically said that he'll beat the crap out of him and Dolph got a bit of that with a punch. An enjoyable segment.  The thing I kind of appreciate about this feud is that Dolph...

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Review.

Another month or so, another great NXT Takeover event courtesy of the NXT creative team filled with top-notch in-ring action and storytelling. I know it feels tiresome when you heard people praise highly talk about the Takeover shows but trust me they are that good.  The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championship. During the match, Montez Ford delivered the people's elbow after hitting a spinebuster on Bobby Fish. The match ended with a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits continues to celebrate as tag team champions.  I'm very conflicted with this decision mainly because I don't want to see more okay matches between The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan but I'm going to be optimistic hoping that it's not the case.  Io Shirai vs Candice Lerae.  Io's theme song is simple yet badass at the same time (no shit, Omar). The match started off with Candice rushing to the ring and brawled on the outs...

Finn Balor Is Indeed Out Of Action.

A couple of days ago, WWE announced that Finn Balor suffered an injury and didn't specify on what the injury was. His last match, by the way, was a triple threat match at a house show last Wednesday in Santiago, Chile against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre to which McIntrye won.  It turns out that Finn wasn't dealing with an injury at all, at least according to Mike Johnson over at  PWinsider . Instead, Balor is dealing with an illness and couldn't continue the Latin America tour. Finn is also unable to compete on the Mixed Match Challenge, replacing him with Apollo Crews. But the powers that be believe that he's 100% ready for TLC next week. Here's what he had to say about that via Twitter:  I am sorry I could not preform in #WWEBuenosAires Lo siento no pude competir en #WWEBuenosAires — Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) December 7, 2018   I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.  By the way, I report on the 5 major or minor news of ...