Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Yet Another Update Regarding NXT Moving To Tuesdays.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.  

Some Images via wwe.com

Leyla Hirsh Signed With AEW All The Way Back In October?

Leyla Hirsh is an extraordinary talent that I assumed was signed recently based on the official announcement from the man with a great Bernie Sanders impression, Tony Khan. 

However, in a virtual signing for High Spots Wrestling Network, Hirsh revealed that she was signed with the elite brand all the way back in October (shout out to Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling for the quotes):

"I don’t even know if I’m allowed to say any of this but, my first week on Wednesday night, I faced [Hikaru] Shida [on AEW Dark] and that was great and then there was an incident with — there was a match that was supposed to happen with the girls and it didn’t because there was an injury and then they called me and they were like, ‘Leyla, we need you to wrestle Serena Deeb.’ So me and her literally only had 20 minutes to put the match together. 

Went out there, did it and then when I got backstage, Kenny Omega put his arm around me and said to me, ‘I hope I’m not putting too much pressure on you’ but he was like, ‘What’s your availability? 

We would like for you to work here’ and then Christopher Daniels pulled me aside and gave me the contract right there and then.

So surreal but my first week there, I ended up getting the contract. So, it was wild.

I don’t know [why it took AEW this long to announce it]. Just timing. Yeah, just certain things but it happens, so, grateful for it."

Leyla has a point at the end there. Why did AEW take 5 long months to announce the signing? 

I have no idea but I'm glad she has signed with a major wrestling company like all elite wrestling. 

RAW And Smackdown Moving Out Of The Tropicana Field!?

If you've read last week's article of this very series, then you'll know that WWE is looking for arenas to host the "award-winning" Thunderdome since the Tampa Bay Rays are hosting a baseball game on the 9th of April. 

And as of a few days back, Jon Alba took to Twitter to update the story on WWE moving RAW and Smackdown out of Tropicana Field:

       

I mean, I couldn't tell the difference between the time they were on the Amway Centre and Tropicana field so…….. 

Yet Another Update Regarding NXT Moving To Tuesdays. 

We have heard this story of NXT moving to Tuesday nights going back to around Septemberish. 

Whether the news is getting tiresome or not is a different question but PWInsider and Mikey Johnson has his usual scoop regarding this story, stating:

"Several WWE sources confirmed today that the first WWE NXT episode coming out of Wrestlemania 37 weekend is currently scheduled to be held and broadcast on Tuesday 4/13.

The move would separate NXT and AEW, allowing each series to stand on their own accord with viewers.  NXT shifting to Tuesday would also allow for heavy promotion from the previous evening's episode of Monday Night Raw."

It looks like my weekly recap for NXT and AEW Dynamite, The Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays is coming to an end and I'll have an announcement on my Facebook page once WWE confirms the move (follow the Facebook page here). 

WWE Filed A Trademark "Jessi Kamea". 

A piece of news that isn't a shocker to all of you, WWE has filed a trademark of "Jessi Kamea" on March 15th. 

The description of the trademark reads (from Wrestling Inc):

“G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment.” 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown. 

I haven't written a review for the latest episode of Smackdown because….. life. 

Since the news was a bit slow this past week, I decided to briefly talk about Smackdown and the episode was fine. 

I will say, It was slightly better than the few weeks of disappointment. 

Nia Jax is my least favourite wrestler and yet, she has incredible chemistry with two people. Ronda Rousey and Sasha Banks. 

That should honestly tell you how good Rousey and Banks are as performers because as y'all know, a good Jax match is a rarity. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Smackdown 7/1/22 | A Coherent Review.

Are you ready for a GOOOOOOOOD time!" Well, not really since I found out about my workin…….. I mean productivity schedule.  Enough about my sad adult life, how was Smackdown this week? It was surprisingly enjoyable considering how mediocre Smackdown has been as of late.  Images via WWE.com Brick Laser Beam Approach The Tribal Chief For A Title VS Title Match.  And the universal champion was like, "We'll do this my time" aka it's happening.  The Brook man questioned the way Heyman praised the blue champ which led to a superman punch from Roman to the WWE champion.  I don't hate this idea. Bring it on, I guess?  Rick Boogs vs Sami Zayn.  You know Zayn has been underutilized when he got a jobber entrance. Rick wins the match. Oh, and Johnny Knoxville threw Sami over the top rope. Again, WHO!?  Charlotte Flair Show Us The Participants For This Year's Women's Royal Rumble Match.  I can't believe WWE did this. Summer Rae is coming back and all I can say

WWE RAW 14/10/19 | My Coherent Review.

The draft aspect of this show like last Friday was underwhelming and the show itself was pretty good. Two fun matches and a very confusing plot twist in the third hour.   Also, I wanna give Impact Wrestling a big shout out because their big PPV in Bound For Glory was sold out.  That promotion has its ups and its downs that it's worth a Netflix like documentary series. And it's nice to see some positive news from them. Now, on with the review.  Becky Lynch Talks About Sasha Banks' Replacement.  The RAW women's champion started off this show by telling the audience that she was disappointed that The Man can't give Sasha Banks a beating tonight like Hell In A Cell.  Charlotte Flair came out not to counter what Lynch said but rather she wanted to be Becky's friend (that's nice). There's a saying that "don't trust a Flair" or at least a version of that saying and Charlotte immediately gave The Man the forearm which led to a