Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Bow Wow To Purse Professional Wrestling!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. 

I just remembered that NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day is today so it should be decent. 

Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.  

Some Images via WWE.com

Bow Wow Wanting To Pursue Professional Wrestling!?

This past week is now known as the time that people actually talked about Bow Wow OF ALL PEOPLE!

"Why?" you may ask? It's because Calvin Cambridge himself wants to pursue professional wrestling after releasing his final album. 

He, by the way, would like to team up with the master of the 619 himself, Rey Mysterio. 

And some of the performers themselves reacted to the news seemingly going with the flow. 

Ricochet had the best tweet out of all the performers that responded to Bow Wow's initial tweet and all I can say is, where's this Ricochet on Monday Nights? 

Now, Sportskeeda mentioned in a report (take it with a grain of salt) that Bow Wow is expected to be in the Performance Centre but the talent ain't too happy with it: 

"I'm hearing that Bad Bunny is already at or going to be soon at the PC in Orlando, with Bow Wow expected soon.

Bow Wow is wrapping up an album. While this is great news for social media, word has it that actual talent are not impressed by the move. 

Talent is concerned that time and effort will go into the rap stars, which leaves less effort being given to the actual wrestling product."

Honestly, I would be pissed off if Xavier Smith was featured on television more than the actual talent. 

Bad Bunny? I get it given that he has a massive reach. Kevin Carson though?  I don't get it. 

When was the last time Shad Moss was even relevant at this point?  

(if you can't tell, all of the names I've mentioned were all characters that Bow Wow played in his movies except for the last name which is his actual name).

Bad Bunny Made How Much In WWE Shop Sales!? 


Speaking of Bad Bunny. The dude made a sh*t ton of money of merch sales according to Fightful Select. 

The exact amount is $500,000. Bad Bunny. The most over person in WWE, am I right? 

The Upcoming Independent Wrestling Game, Wrestling Code's Roster Has Been Revealed. 

That's right, the headline above. Here are some of the names that are in the game according to Fightful.com: 

Cryme Tyme aka Shad Gaspard (rest in peace) and JTG. 

EC3. 

Enzo Amore. 

Matt Sydal. 

Rob Van Dam. 

Scott Steiner. 

Zach Gozen. 

Thunder Rose. 

Tay Conti. 

This is exciting as a fan of professional wrestling and video games. 

Because we get to see a variety of different games coming like the upcoming AEW video game, Wrestling Code and possibly WWE2K22. 

Bo Dallas Pitched To Be Part Of The Wyatt Family!? 


In a recent episode of Arn Anderson's podcast talking about the horrendously awful 2016 Fastlane PPV, Anderson mentioned that Bo Dallas would join The Wyatt Family alongside his real-life brother, Bray Wyatt (from Post Wrestling):

"Other than it being stressed, there was plenty of ways to bring him [Bo Dallas] into the fold and make him more important. 

Let’s just say and at that time I pitched a deal where you brought him in with The Wyatts and you told ‘em who he was. 

He was Bray Wyatt’s brother and he was Mike Rotunda’s son and do a deal where let’s just say Mike came down during one of The Wyatts’ matches and in his capacity as a producer was trying to break up a fight and let’s just say Big Red [Erick Redbeard] and Brodie Lee, let’s just say they dropped Mike and for the first time they had Bray Wyatt, who other than join in what was going on with the other two Wyatts, 

Just as an example. I know that’s long-winded and it was just something that was pitched but it would’ve gave them a better launching pad than having him run around the ring with a Bolieve sign I think what was drawn on the sign. Is that quite correct?"

I don't know why but I believe that Bo Dallas (get it? Believe? Bolieve?) has the potential to play a fantastic despicable yet twisted type of heel.

And the idea of aligning himself with the Wyatt Family would be great. 

I'm hoping Bo does live up to his potential at some point. 

What Happened In The WWE Employee Meeting That They Hold. 


Fightful Select (from Wrestling Inc) dropped a story about the meeting that WWE had with their employees and pretty much, the employees were told that they wouldn't get promotions, raises or bonuses. 

It ended with several employees upset. WrestleVotes tweeted out saying that there was a level "of unhappiness and straight-up anger backstage" (assuming it's because of the meeting). 

PWinsider and Mike Johnson went into a bit more detail, stating that employees will "still be eligible for bonuses based on their performance for the company" even though the employees and staffers' promotions and raises "would not be going forward". 

The reasoning according to the report, was because of "financial prudence stemming from the most recent earnings release". 

Mike did mention that the meeting wasn't a company-wide meeting. 
 
It is no secret that this is a sh*tty, immoral decision from WWE especially during a pandemic that led to so many people losing their jobs as well as their homes. 

I know I got a bit real but again, it's f'ing sh*tty. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...