Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Monday Night RAW's Script From This Past Week Was Not Done!?

Welcome to the first edition of The 5 News Week of 2021. It's been a month and a half since I updated you guys with the 5 major or minor news of the week. 

So, let's get into it, shall we? 

Some images via WWE.com

Monday Night RAW's Script From This Past Week Was Not Done!? 

This feels like the same old song we've been hearing for what it feels like an eternity. 

From PWInsider and Mike Johnson, the script for this past week's episode of RAW wasn't done even after 7 pm Eastern time hit with only "outlines for hours two and three are (were) done". 

The reason why the script wasn't finalized this time around? 

Well, it was due to Drew McIntyre testing positive for Covid. McIntyre was supposed to be the main focus for that episode. 

Honestly, the late writing for the episode didn't pay off because the show wasn't good, to say the least. 

An Update Regarding The Upcoming AEW Video Game. 


IGN Japan (the translated version) did an interview with Kenny Omega  (by the way, how good was the Hard To Kill show, am I right?).

And in it, Omega revealed that a create a wrestler, campaign, multiplayer and "various other unusual modes" will be in the upcoming AEW video game: 

“There will be a campaign, and various other unusual modes, and you will be able to edit your own wrestler, too.”

The piece did go on to say that while Omega is aiming for a 2021 release window, he doesn't want to rush it out there stating: 

“I don't want to rush it, so I don't want to make a promise [about the release date],” “I want the release version to be good.”

As a hardcore gamer and a wrestling fan, I'm very curious as to how this game executes. 

I've not played the WWE 2K games since 16 so it's great to finally see an alternative even in the video game space. 

Ridge Holland On The Status Of His Injury.


Ridge Holland was looking like he was going to get a big break on NXT TV. 

Unfortunately, his terrible leg injury is why we haven't seen him on television in 3 months. 

Holland spoke with Alex McCarthy over at TalkSport about his injury and the road to recovery: 

"Pretty freak incident. On my left leg I fractured and dislocated my ankle and then on my right leg, I dislocated the kneecap and ruptured my patella tendons. Kind of a buy one get one free on injuries!

But, it’s coming on well. The WWE medical staff are top notch and they’ve got me well on the road to recovery.”

"It’s early days yet, but the doctor has said six to nine months, so I’m just taking it day-by-day and see how the knee and ankle feels. If I look too far in the future I’ll probably take my focus on what needs to be done today. So yeah, we’ll see how it goes.”

Holland would've been in the NXT championship scene or hell, even win the title but who the hell knows? 

I wish him nothing but the speediest of recovery. 

WWE Producer On The Coming WWE Network Content Series.

Andy Malnoske of Wrestling Inc recently talked to WWE Senior Producer, Steve Steve Conoscenti about upcoming content coming to the WWE network. 

One of the content that the article highlighted was a docu-series called "WWE Icons" and Beth Phoenix will be featured in the series: 

"We're doing a series on WWE Network, called WWE Icons, it's the story of them as people not just as a wrestler," 

"So we're here in Elmira to capture the essence of Beth Phoenix's upbringing, she's done so much in Elmira, she was an athlete in the school, she talks about how she loved growing up here. It was important for us to show instead of just say."

I'm looking forward to that documentary for two reasons. One, WWE ALWAYS nail it when it comes to their documentaries. 

And two, Beth Phoenix has been one of my favourites in my early wrestling fandom (yes, I'm that young). 

I might review the documentary depending on when the episode will be released because the first episode of WWE Icons will be out on January 31st and currently, there isn't a release date on future episodes like the Beth Phoenix one. 

Nikki Bella On Her Interest Being In The Creative Team. 


Now, this is interesting. 

In an interview with Ashley Graham on the "Pretty Big Deal" podcast, one-half of the Bella Twins mentioned that she's intrigued in working with WWE's creative team (From Post Wrestling. You the man Andrew Thompson!): 

"I mean, I would love — there’s times that — because Brie’s husband [Daniel Bryan] is a part of the creative team and works a lot with Vince McMahon on creative stuff and I’ve always thought in the back of my head like, ‘I would really like to do that for the women’ because I’ve lived it as a WWE superstar but also, I’m a fan.

So it’s like, I feel like I know what the people want and then I know how to get the best out of each woman because I know them. So, it would be a lot of fun to be on creative.”

Nikki Bella has been a part of two TV shows as an executive producer so I do think she has the expertise when it comes to overseeing a television show. 

That doesn't mean that she'll do no wrong if she does join the creative process. 

Like I always say, Will see what happens next.  

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...