Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Who's Sword Did Drew McIntyre Use In His Entrance On Monday Night RAW?, AEW Reportedly Struggling To Sell Tickets At Daily's Place For Dynamite.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Some Images via WWE.com

Who's Sword Did Drew McIntyre Use In His Entrance On Monday Night RAW? 


Monday Night RAW this past week was surprisingly a watchable show from start to finish (click here to know more). 

While Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton wasn't THE main reason why, it was a decent encounter. 

However, during Drew's entrance before he captured the WWE championship for the 2nd time, the Scotsmen revealed in an interview with Ryan Satin over at Fox Sports that the sword he used for that entrance belongs to Vince McMahon: 

"I guess I’ll let the cat out of the bag: The sword that I had is actually Vince [McMahon]’s sword. 

It was gifted to him by Stephanie [McMahon] and Hunter [Paul Levesque].

I believe the conversation went, “We need the sword. We don’t have a sword, sir.” …. [imitating Vince McMahon] “I have a sword.”

I heard that story and told him, “Of course you have a sword.”

My dumbass thought it was part of Drew's gear before he signed with WWE the first time.

That is one of the most Vince McMahon stories I've ever heard in my entire 13 years being part of the wrestling fandom which is what makes that instance funny. 

Check out the interview below. 


Kurt Angle Coming Back For Undertaker's Farewell Tomorrow At Survivor Series!? 


Mike Johnson and PWinsider reported that Kurt Angle is showing up to the 34th annual Survivor Series which means he's probably going to be part of The Undertaker's farewell alongside Kane, Savio Vega and The Godfather. 

Kurt's history with The Phenom is well documented. 

I mean, the Olympic gold medalist faced Taker on this very PPV 20 years ago but that match wasn't great. 

But, their bout at No Way Out 6 years later? Now, that was great. 

Will see how this Farewell segment plays out tonight. 

The Deadman Joining Forces With Snoop Dogg For A Merchandise Collection. 

An unlikely alliance is formed between two known entities via some merch that was released on WWE shop a few days ago. 

The Taker and Snoop Dogg collab includes 8 t-shirts, a hoodie, a long-sleeve t-shirt, a beanie and a poster

The deal ends this Wednesday, November 24th. 

You thought that they'll put some effort into their designs, right? Pfft. 

Arturo Ruas Apparently Injured During A Match On NXT. 


Former RAW Underground competitor, Arturo Ruas, suffered an arm injury during his bout with Kushida on the latest edition of NXT. 

From Fightful select, the fear from the yellow brand is that the Lebanese-born Brazilian tore his biceps but the details haven't been confirmed. 

Ruas filmed some additional content for WWE's digital channels but the content didn't air it likely because of the injury. 

Like I always say when somebody is injured, I wish the guy nothing but the speediest of recoveries. 

AEW Reportedly Struggling To Sell Tickets At Daily's Place For Dynamite.  

WWE fanboys looking at the news like, "AEW iS stRuGGlInG fInAnciallY". 

Davey boy Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio said pretty much that AEW ain't doing well when it comes to selling tickets at Daily's Place (from Cagesideseats). 

This isn’t shocking considering that we're in the middle of a pandemic and the fact that the cases in Florida are still rising. 

Which is why I feel like people are, understandably, not going out like that knowing that it's a risk ya know? 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...