Skip to main content

A Few News I Guess: Downstait On Vince McMahon Disliking Dolph Ziggler's Theme Song "Perfection".

Yea. This was supposed to be a 5 News Week. 

But because of how slow the news was this week, I decided to bring you guys a few news I guess? 

Roman Reigns Reaction To The Rock's Comments On A Possible Match Between Each Other.


The tribal chief, Roman Reigns reacted to what The Rock said regarding a match between himself and Reigns (from give me sport): 

"It's so funny how a lot of people always say; 'well if you ever go back to WrestleMania, who would be the opponent that you would face?'

"It feels like the one that would make sense would be Roman, in terms of box office draw."

The universal champion himself kind of responded to that tweet.

    

The Roman vs Rock match has been rumoured for YEARS. I even talked about one of those rumours almost 2 years ago. 

At the time, I wasn't interested just because I'm not a fan of that iteration of the Roman Reigns character. 

However, this version of Roman Reigns vs The Great One? I'll take it. 

Unfortunately, I don't think it's happening because Dwayne Johnson got a gazillion projects he's working on. 

He's a BUSY dude but never say never as they say, right? 

John Cena Starring In A HBO Max Show "PEACEMAKER". 

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

So, James Gunn's new joint, Suicide Squad is coming out and we already got some news that a spinoff project (a series to be exact) is coming to HBO Max starring John Cena's character, Peacemaker. 

The streaming service that isn't on Roku, ordered 8 episodes. 

This should tell you how confident Warnermedia/DC is with the new Suicide Squad movie. It's about to be lit. 

After the news was out, the creator of the series, James Gunn said this:

 

What a God-damn legend. 

Downstait On Vince McMahon Disliking Dolph Ziggler's Theme Song "Perfection". 


And finally.  The lead singer of Downstait, Zachary Call sat down with Frank Mandolini of the Last Minute Wrestling Podcast. 

Because it was obviously a wrestling podcast, the 40-minute conversation was centred about pro wrestling. 

During the talk, Zachary brings up a story where the chairman of the board himself, Vince McMahon, didn't like the song that Downstait made for Dolph Ziggler: 

"We did the cover of "perfection". We cut "Perfection". They used that for a little bit and I guess Vince {McMahon} actually listened to the words for a little bit. 

He's like, "I don't like perfection" {the host Frank laughs}".

It is a 3-week old interview but I wanted to share a fantastic conversation Last Minute Wrestling Podcast had with Downstait and the band's connection with professional wrestling. 

If you somehow stumbled around this site and want to use the transcript, please credit this site and its original source. 

Listen to "Ep. 34: Zachary Call, Downstait’s lead singer" on Spreaker.


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...