Skip to main content

The Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: The Debut Edition Of "The Newly Bro Show'", Two Great TNT Semi-Finals Match.



WWE Photo


This episode of AEW Dynamite was an in-ring action-heavy show and because of it, the show was an enjoyable two hours of television at 4 am my time. NXT though, was decent. 

Useless information but I realized like minutes before writing the recap that this is the earliest Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays review I’ve ever posted. I somehow watched 4 hours of pro wrestling in one sitting which I’ve never done that on an early Thursday morning. 

NXT  

Highlights (At least in my opinion because wrestling is subjective). 

El Hijo Del Fantasma vs Isiah "Swerve" Scott. Interim Cruiserweight Championship Tournament. 

WWE Photo


Two Lucha Underground alumni battling in the tournament which resulted in a pretty good opener. Having El Hijo lose his second match in WWE is kinda odd, however, will see what happens. 

A bit of fantasy booking but I would love to witness an El Hijo vs Kushida match for the title. Now that's a dream match. Don't tell me that you're not intrigued in the bout. 

The masked men are still eyeing on El Hijo. Maybe in a sudden twist, El Hijo might be the leader of the masked men stable? We don't know but I'm very interested. 

Charlotte Flair vs Mia Yim. 

WWE Photo

I like this match. Yim delivered a sunset flip from the corner. Charlotte Flair applied pressure in the Boston crap but Mia barely got out of it. 

Flair topped that with the figure 8 and Flair won the match. Somewhere in the distance, you could hear people shouting "mIA yIM iS bUriEd". After the match, Io Shirai tells Charlotte Flair that next week, the title is for Shirai. 

I guess the rumours of Charlotte Flair defending her title against Io Shirai at the Money In The Bank show is in fact, not true. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Candice LeRae vs Kacy Catanzaro - LeRae's new theme song is all sorts of badass. Side note, I didn't know that Candice is from the 51st state of "Caliafornia". Who knew? LeRae is victorious with a brutal stomp. 

The Debut Edition Of "The Newly Bro Show'"-  This is the most main roster segment I've ever seen until the ending. The host of the Newly Bro Show, Bryon Saxton, asked Timothy Thatcher a series of questions and Matt Riddle answered all of those questions correctly, telling the audience at home that Riddle and Thatcher do have chemistry after all. 

Imperium in Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel spoiled the fun as they brutally destroyed the tag team champions. A decent segment. 

Dexter Lumis vs Shane Throne - A meh match. Lumis defeats Throne with a sitout urinagi followed by a modified headlock of some sort. 

Drake Maverick vs Tony Nese. Interim Cruiserweight Championship Tournament - I was iffy about Drake's release being used as a storyline and after thinking about it, I believe that it's indeed awful for NXT to use his firing for the brand to tell a story. 

It's because of it that I just can't get invested in the narrative knowing the circumstance behind the scenes. Oh, and Maverick won the match with a top rope bulldog.  

Keith Lee vs Damian Priest For The North American Championship - Lee wrestles in this bout with a damaged throat and he somehow prevailed with two-spirit bombs. An okay championship match. 

AEW 

Highlights (at least in my opinion because wrestling is subjective). 

Cody vs Darby Allen. TNT Championship Tournament Semi-Finals. 


Those two guys have some good chemistry and this bout proves to be the case. Cody reversed a tackle from Darby but that cost him his wife taking the move that almost went through the barricade. 

On the outside, Britt Baker hits Cody with her shoe which made me LOL. Allin delivered Cody's own move with the crossrhodes but a couple of minutes later, Cody successfully nailed his signature move and Allin kicked out.



The match concluded when Allin hits the drop on Cody and Cody quickly turned that into a pinfall to advance in the finals. This is the best I've seen from Darby look in weeks now. A fantastic opening contest and shout out to both guys. 



Best Friends vs Kip Sabian And Jimmy Havoc In A NO DQ Match. 


The LC in TLC were used in this fun no disqualifications match (and yes, I channelled my inner Mauro Ranallo because in Mauro we love and in Mauro we keep). 

Sabian at one point during the match, delivered a backstabber which was a reverse from Trent. Moments later, Sabian did a top rope double stomp to Trent on a few chairs. 

Thanks to some outside shenanigans from Orange Cassidy, Penelope Ford and Kip Sabian, Chuck Taylor did a reverse piledriver to Havoc on a bunch of chairs to win the match. 

Dustin Rhodes vs Lance Archer. TNT Championship Tournament Semi-Finals.

For the second week in a row, Dustin Rhodes is in a match with an obvious conclusion but this time, Rhodes doesn't prevail in the end. I will tell you guys that this encounter was the best Lance Archer match I've ever seen to date. 

Due to a crap ton of beating Dustin took from Lance Archer, Archer advances in the finals against Dustin's brother, Cody. This TNT championship finals match should be a good one.  

Some Other Things That Happened. 

MJF Has Recovered From His Nail Injury But Then Something Happened - That something was a neck injury and he tells his fans that he will return to AEW Dynamite next week. It was aight. 

Wardlow vs Musa - Wardlow once again, takes the W in his latest match with Musa. Meh. 

A Flim Falm Video Featuring Once Again The Inner Circle And A Bunch OF Guests - Those guests include the Librarian, Jungle Boy, Sonny Kiss, Kevin Smith, a bunch of celebs I don't know but I do know Gabriel Iglesias, Chris Jericho's dad and Vickie Guererro. This was worth a Twitter timeline segment and not a television showcase but nevertheless, this was fine. 

Britt Baker's Tip On How To Be a Role Model - In case you want to be a role model for some reason, here are her tips. One, don't wear glasses unless you're a doctor. Two, no fat people and use photoshop to alter the bot and three, work on the snaggle tooth because it's just plain embarrassing to show it in front of people. 

Shawn Spears vs Baron Black - I just witness Shawn Spears twerking and you know what? It's at least better than what Miley Cyrus did in the 2013 VMAs. Spears won the match with the sharpshooter. 

Brodie Lee vs Marko Stunt - Just like Wardlow earlier, Lee wins a match in a decisive fashion again with a sitout powerbomb. 


The question is, what are some of the highlights on both episodes in your opinion? Let me know in the comments below and follow me on Twitter @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...