Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: The Fiend's Red Lights Are Coming Back!?, WWE Performance Centre In Japan Is Happening?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are The 5 News Week. 

The Fiend's Red Lights Are Coming Back!?

Image result for the fiend bray wyatt


If you have been reading my stuff since The Fiend's inception, then you'll know that I f'ing hate the red lights. It not only ruins the match he's in but as well as it's not a necessity in order for a character like The Fiend to work. 

In other words, it's too extra (also, the wrestlers that worked with the lighting didn't like it like Seth Rollins who expressed his frustrations on wrestling with the red lights calling it a "mess" on WWE Backstage). 

I was relieved that the red lights were gone when Bray faced Daniel Bryan for the universal championship at the Royal Rumble or so I thought. 

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter and Dave Meltzer (from Sportster) mentioned that the reason why the red lights were gone was that Daniel Bryan simply asked for it. 

The February 8th edition of Smackdown aka the current face of the word "mediocrity", saw the return of the dumb red lights via a dark match between The Fiend and The Miz. 

What's also suspicious was when the powers that be brought the lighting back the following week in a dark match against everyone's favourite, King Corbin. 

So, is the stupid f'ing red lights are coming back? I mean, just because it happened in a dark match, it doesn't always mean it'll smoothly transition into television but given that it was used twice for an unaired match, it isn't something to brush over. 

Undertaker Training For An Upcoming Wrestlemania Match? 

Image result for undertaker


From the always fantastic Sean Ross Sapp and Fightful, My favourite pro wrestler of all time, The Undertaker was at the performance centre assuming to prepare for an upcoming Wrestlemania match that hasn't been announced just yet but the folks over at Fightful can't confirm that. 

The facility also had other notable people that showed up as of late like Mark Henry (to film for a video package talking about the North American championship match at Takeover: Portland), Kenny Dykstra (as a guest coach) and Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson. 

This piece of news they got was first published on their premium service, Fightful select which I hope I could support because they put out great work but money is really tight. 

That explains why I'm using Blogger as a hosting platform and not WordPress which is the goal. All I can say is that I want to see the Undertaker from Extreme Rules 2019 to show up at the show of shows because his performance was something I've not seen from the Deadman in many moons. 

Big Show On How Vince Wanted More From Show Than Andre. 

Image result for big show


Big Show recently spoke to Stone Cold Steve Austin on the Broken Skull Sessions show about his career. In a teaser clip posted on WWE's YouTube channel, Show brought up the late Andre The Giant and how Vince McMahon didn't put him in that position (from Wrestlezone): 

“Vince never put me in an Andre category,” he said. “From day one, Vince wanted more for me than Andre. He saw the size, he saw the presence, but he also saw my intelligence, saw my charisma, saw my charm. Vince always wanted more for me, not to settle.”



The episode will air on the WWE Network today at 10 am ET or late afternoon my time but I'm sure once I posted this piece, the episode is already on the network. 

Willam Regal’s Son Training In The NJPW Dojo. 

Image result for william regal


If you didn't know already, then you'll know based on reading the title above that William Regal has a son, Joe Bailey and he is in fact training at the NJPW dojo. 

Bailey began his tenure with pro wrestling in 2018 and worked in Evolve's 117 show that same year on December 15th. 
An interesting fact for the casual fans, Joe and others that trains in the NJPW system or the rookie performers are known as the Young Lions. 

Those guys do more than just train, they live in a dormitory where they cook, clean and do laundry you know, basically the adult stuff or the kids stuff if your parents forced you to do it like me. 

They also act as security for the fans where they basically protect the audience whenever the wrestlers would brawl in that area. You just learned something new today so that's nice. 

WWE Performance Centre In Japan Is Happening? 

Image result for wwe performance center


Speaking of training facilities in Japan, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter and Dave Meltzer (from WrestlingInc) stated that the news about a performance centre in Japan will be announced "in the next few months" when the company is scheduled for shows in Osaka and Yokohama in July. 

I don't know if it may or may not affect the previously mentioned NJPW dojo over there given that I'm not well versed in the Japan wrestling scene so excuse my ignorance. Will see what happens once we reach July. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...