Skip to main content

AEW Revolution 2020 | My Coherent Predictions.

Image result for aew revolution
via AEW
Another predictions article the day after I posted my Super showdown predictions piece? (Click here to read the whole thing).  

I wasn't impressed with how NXT was executed as a program this week. We shall see what March brings for the yellow brand (that Cameron Grimes vs Dominic Djakovic match was awesome though). 

Turning the channel to TNT or Fite TV where I live and AEW did the exact opposite. The promotion's upcoming PPV "Revolution" has lit some excitement in me thanks to their awesome build and I'm gonna talk about it on this coherent predictions piece. *Mario voice (the video game character, not the singer)* let's go. 

SCU In Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky vs. The Dark Order In Evil Uno and Stu Grayson.

If I was Scorpio Sky and Frankie Kazarian, I'll be watching out for Christopher Daniels because The Dark Order has treated the guy fairly unlike most of the tag teams The Dark Order has physically interacted with. I think Christopher Daniels turns heel and costs SCU the win. 

I Predict: The Dark Order. 

Pac vs. Orange Cassidy. 

Image result for aew revolution match card

After that amazing 30-minute iron man match, Tony Schiavone interviewed Pac about his thoughts on the L he just took to which everybody's favourite, Orange Cassidy ruined Pac's thunder so The Bastard knocked Cassidy out with a right hand and the match between those two were made. 

I'm intrigued as to how this match plays out because Cassidy's entire premise is that he's a lazy worker and him pulling out a tope con Hilo is odd. 

The dude is over though and I know it sucks that Pac is taking back to back Ls but I feel AEW should take advantage of his crowd reactions and build some momentum out of it. 

Cassidy has the potential of being a BIG star like really big so unfortunately, Pac is eating the loss in this one. 

I Predict: Orange Cassidy. 

Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page (c) vs. The Young Bucks For The AEW World Tag Team Championship.

Image result for aew revolution match card

A match that I never thought AEW would set up as it's the champions' most interesting opponents given that they're good friends. The number one contenders even were by Kenny Omega's side in his Iron man match with Pac which again, was amazing. 

I don't see the duo of Omega And Page last long so we're going to see new tag champs being crown on Sunday morning my time. 

I Predict: The Young Bucks Becomes The New AEW World Tag Team Champions.

Jake Hager vs. Dustin Rhodes. 

This is Jake Hager's first pro wrestling match since 2018 I believe and I'm not going to be worried about that because Jake is a good talent. The story is simple to follow. 

Jake Hager destroyed Dustin Rhodes' arm and Rhodes' is out to get the guy after his arm was fully recovered. AEW is avoiding Jake's mic skills and that right there is how they're going to play to his strengths. Dustin is definitely losing this like why would The Inner Circle's muscle lose this? 

I Predict: Jake Hager wins.

Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara. 

The way Sammy used the skateboard and hit Allin with it on his head at the end of the most recent Dynamite show was brutal. 

Shout out to Darby Allin for the way he took that hit. Allin like the freshly squeezed, Orange Cassidy, is over with the audience so Sammy ain't winning this like no way. 

I Predict: Darby Allin Wins. 

Nyla Rose (c) vs. Kris Stadtlander For The AEW Women's World Championship.

Image result for aew revolution match card
Nyla Rose should've been champion like when she faced Riho in the first episode of Dynamite which by the way, the two Nyla Rose vs Riho matches were fantastic. This is a match that I'm least interested in but that is not to say that it's a horrible build. 

I see a win for Nyla but probably in a screwy finish because I can't see Kris Stadtlander losing clean but anything is possible. 

I Predict: Nyla Rose Wins But In A Screwy finish. 

MJF vs. Cody.

This build reminds me of a Marvel Cinematic Universe phase one movie. A great portrayal of a hero you can get behind but with a one-dimensional villain with no motivation to other than "I'm a dick now boo me". 

I will give MJF credit for making the hero look really good but again, he's just a bland character that is a product of its era because of how he's performed as an old school heel but that's just me.   

This entire build was fantastic. That end segment in that episode of Dynamite where MJF gave Cody 10 lashes was a bad idea in thought but was great in execution.

Even that steel cage match between Cody and the debuting Wardlow was awesome too and I didn't see any hint of green in Wardlow's match with Cody. 

Cody hasn't gotten a big win since that cage match last week and honestly, he needs another one, I think the story will have a satisfying conclusion when Cody finally defeats the bad guy. 

I Predict: Cody Wins. 

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Jon Moxley For the AEW World Championship. 

Image result for aew revolution match card

The match that had a much better build than they're feud in WWE (God, that was an abomination). 

This like the Cody vs MJF match, had a storyline build that lasted for quite some time because unlike WWE, they don't have to rely on monthly PPVs sometimes twice in a month. 

Obviously, the biggest highlight in this feud was when Chris Jericho damaged Jon Moxley's eye that led to Jon damaging Santana's eye, an Inner Circle member. 

Full of eye-poking is how this feud is remembered, in a good way. Moxley's has been in 8 of the most popular videos on AEW's YouTube channel so that right there is one of the most convincing reasons why AEW might award Jon with the belt. And for that, Jon Moxley takes the W and captures the title for the very first time. 

I Predict: Jon Moxley Become The New AEW World Champion. 


Did I just become the resident AEW shill? If you think so then whatever but I wanna know your thoughts on the build for AEW Revolution In the comments below. 

Be sure to check out my Super showdown review a few hours after the show has aired. Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Eyeing On New Creative Writers.

Last week on RAW, The McMahon family announced that there will be new faces and fresh match ups. What better way to invoke change than to seek out new writers with different ideas right?  WWE are actively seeking for new writer's assistant positions with at least two years in writing television and or/ production experience and preferably but not necessary, a degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study.  For everyone who thinks they can do it better, here's your opportunity. Merry Christmas! https://t.co/FJch1rOXCM — Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) December 24, 2018 What do I think of this? As long as Vince is in charge, unfortunately, nothing is going to change for the better of the product but that's just me.  Let me know in the comments on how you would change the WWE product and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

WWE RAW 13/9/21 | A Coherent Review.

Ya boy took a week off of talking about wrestling which is something I usually need after watching a single episode of Monday Night RAW but consistency is key, people!  In recent weeks, however, Monday Night RAW doesn't feel like mental torture and the latest episode is no exception.  Images via WWE.com Big E Was Like, "I'm Definitely Cashing In My Contract".  The lovable wholesome gyrating big man name Big E interacted with Randy Orton as well as Bobby Lashley ahead of the WWE title match between Bob and Randal.  The reason is obvious. Big E wants to cash in seeing Becky Lynch's mother again (that's not it?).  All lame jokes aside, the big man did cash in the contract to become the NEW WWE champion later in the episode after a successful title defence from Bobby Lashley against Randy Orton.  Words cannot describe how f**king happy I am seeing one of my favourite performers finally capture the gold which was long overdue if you ask me.  I will go as far as to

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism.  "Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston.  (WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm).  Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28.  I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time.  Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane.  If anything, this distraction finish was a great chara