Skip to main content

WWE Super Showdown 2020 | My Coherent Predictions.

Image result for wwe super showdown
Via WWE. 
Since I've not done a predictions piece in many moons and how this episode of RAW was one big meh, I thought it would've been an appropriate time to write down my predictions for the first Saudi show of the year. 

Now, how was the build for Super Showdown 2020? It was 50/50. The RAW side did a decent job while the current face of the word "mediocrity", Smackdown's build was skippable at best and uninteresting at worst. Without further ado, here are the predictions. 

The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) vs. The Miz and John Morrison For The SmackDown Tag Team Championship. 

Image result for the miz and john morrison the new day


As much as I enjoy both tag teams, this wasn't a good build and a great example of me not caring anything on what's going on the blue brand. Who do I think grabs the belts? The answer is in the Dirt sheets. 

I Predict: The Miz And John Morrison. 

Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin In A Steel Cage.

Image result for roman reigns vs baron corbin


The train of uninteresting Smackdown matches continues as I'm talking about this feud that lasted for 5 F'ING MONTHS that included dog food for the majority of this run. 

Just have the Big Dog win and get this over with. Also, with the rumours that Roman might be in a high profiled match at Wrestlemania whether it's facing the Universal championship or facing Goldberg, I cannot see Roman losing this one unless WWE wants to mess with me and continue this feud via a screwy finish. 

I Predict: Roman Reigns Wins. 

Seth Rollins and Murphy (c) vs. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) For The Raw Tag Team Championship. 

Image result for seth rollins vs montez ford


"Hey, it's the Monday Night Messiah," says no one beside WWE for the gazillion time. This was announced on the recent episode of RAW and the reason being is that last week, The Street Profits came out to help Kevin Owens fight Rollins and his followers in Murphy and AOP. 

That led to a match between Seth Rollins, I mean the Monday Night Messiah vs Montez Ford and Murphy vs Angelo Dawkins which were aight. 

Ever since Seth turned heel and dawned the persona of “The Monday Night Messiah”, it’s as if WWE unofficially took out Seth Rollin’s name off of their website.  I think the “Monday Night Maniacs” as Brian Zane would like to put it, will continue to do maniacs things. 

I Predict: Seth Rollins And Murphy retains. 

AJ Styles vs. Andrade vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Erick Rowan vs. R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio. Gauntlet Match for the Tuwaiq Trophy. 

p1e1tn4b8f1g1u1ent15tod153seh.jpg


So, the word “Tuwaiq” is actually the name of an escarpment and if you don’t know what an escarpment is, It’s basically a rocky hill that has a flat surface on top (I know I could’ve explained it better but it is what it is). 

Rusev was supposed to be in this match but WWE has cut him off of this match due to reported injury according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio which is weird given that WWE would’ve notified it publicly especially when one of their performers is “sidelined with an injury”. 

Anywho, AJ Styles is winning this or maybe Andrade (the dude is a champion, why is he not defending the title?) but considering that AJ is rumoured to face The dead man at Wrestlemania, this is a predictable but sensible win. 

I Predict: AJ Styles Takes The Tuwaiq Trophy.

Bayley (c) vs. Naomi For the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship. 


Image result for Bayley vs Naomi

A match that I’m surprised is happening so soon as it’s a mark-key match for the Smackdown side of the women’s division unless Sasha Banks is ready to go but Banks’ reportedly in the set for The Mandalorian so that might affect WWE’s WrestleMania plan.  

I think Bayley wins but in a screwy finish and that leads to a possible match either at Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania. 

I Predict: Bayley.

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Goldberg For the WWE Universal Championship. 

Image result for goldberg the fiend


A build so short yet uninteresting at the same time but if I’ll contradict myself for a bit. I’ve been saying for weeks that I am curious as to how the match will be constructed. It could be a great match or it could badly fall flat. 

Who do I think wins? It’s hard to say. WWE could mess with me like the steel cage match earlier and have Goldberg win but they could solidify Wyatt’s reign by beating Goldberg. It’s only up to WWE to make that decision. 

If Goldberg wins which I’m not for it, I would be lying if I’m not interested in a possible battle of the spears match between Goldberg and Reigns at Wrestlemania. Oh, and I hope that God damn stupid red lights doesn’t come back if the rumours are suggesting that it is. 

I Predict: Either man win.

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Ricochet For The WWE Championship. 

Image result for brock lesnar ricochet


What started as a dick kick from Lesnar to Ricochet the RAW before the Royal Rumble, turned into a decent triple threat number one contender’s match between Ricochet, Bobby Lashley and Seth Rollins which Ricochet won. 

Brock did show up this week in a series of some if not most appearances on the red brand so far this year which is rather shocking. This is a match-up that I’m looking forward to but like the Tuwaiq match, this is a predictable one. Should be a fun match to witness. 

I Predict: Brock Lesnar Retains. 


And that is all. Hoping that It was an enjoyable read. If so, then share this to your wrestling loving friends or family members. 

Let me know in the comments on what are your thoughts on the build for Super showdown 2020 and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 31/5/21 | A Coherent Review.

I was recently reading my RAW reviews from 2019 and the thing that is common in all of those reviews was that while I had some issues with those episodes, the shows were decent as a whole.  2021, however, is, of course, a different story. Ever since the fall of last year, I've been consistently getting terrible episode after terrible episode that is giving SNL a run for its money.  At this point, criticizing Monday Night RAW is a God damn routine.  Images via WWE.com   The Miz TV. Special Guest, Charlotte Flair.  As told by the headline above, the show opened with Miz TV. A segment that literally nobody looks forward to.   You had John Morrison legit wearing a necklace that is covered in garlic for protecting himself from any supernatural thing appearing which was PEAK CRINGE.  Charlotte Flair stated that she'll send Rhea Ripley to hell in 3 weeks (by the way, this is still a weird decision to move the Hell In A Cell show in the summer but whateve...