Skip to main content

My Late Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Worlds Collide 2020 Recap, AEW Bash At The Beach And Rock And Wrestling Rager Recap (Mostly).

Image result for worlds collide 2020 pictures
If you can't tell from the headline above, this is a late Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays post as I missed over 3 weeks of television on both NXT and AEW Dynamite due to a project I was working on that has nothing to do with this site that I apparently said on Twitter was "personal issues" for some odd reason (and yes, it is still in "pre-production" to use movie lingo). 

There will be an actual "My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays" review tomorrow talking about the current episodes of both NXT TV and AEW Dynamite but for now, here are my Late Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays. 

NXT       

A Worlds Collide 2020 Recap. 

WWE Photo
Since the NXT shows were building towards this show, I might as well talk about it. This was a fun 2 and a half hours of pro wrestling. 

The opening match with Balor and Dragunov was solid. The fatal four-way cruiserweight championship match was outstanding. Undisputed Era vs Imperium and the NXT Championship match between Rhea Ripley and Toni Storm were aight. 

That DIY vs Mustache Mountain match reminded me why I freaking love this artform. It hit all the right beats from humour to nostalgia to friendships and loyal sacrifices for one another. This is a match that everyone should go out of their way to watch if you haven't already. Now, I also want to mention something and that is…… 

NXT Women's championship Name Change. 

Image result for nxt women's champion
This piece of news was divisive among wrestling fans. Some say that it legitimates the women's division while others say that it's confusing and "gender pandering". I, however, like this decision. 

I've always thought of the notion that "what if the women's championship in WWE was called something different like the world title" and in this era of the women's revolution, I'm liking that idea more and more. 

I would agree on the other side of the argument that it is confusing especially for a first time viewer of the product asking a fan they know personally "why are they 2 titles named the NXT championship?". Being as it may, I don't mind the choice WWE has made but I was they were some distinction you know? 

AEW. 

Bash At The Beach And Rock And Wrestling Rager Recap (Mostly). 


I've watched 4 hours of TV and honestly, I prefer the Rager episode better as a whole but there was a good promo cut by Cody himself at that Bash Of The Beach episode and his interaction with MJF a week later was decent. 

The few weeks of AEW television I've missed also included a women's tag match that made that Lacey Evans and Charlotte Flair match last year a God damn classic but was followed by a promo from Britt Baker a mere week later that was bad. 

You could hear from the dialogue Baker's spitting out that she's uncomfortable in that role even though that turn to the dark side was the right move. The way it ended with JR saying "we heard enough, we heard enough. Will take a break" while Baker was still speaking did not elevate her new bad persona either. Hopefully, in tonight's episode, she'll recover from that. 

Image result for aew rock and wrestling rager

The tag team scene in all elite wrestling is the company's brightest spots as Hangman Page teamed up with fellow elite partner Kenny Omega to take on the AEW world tag team champions SCU after the elite guys won their number one contender's spot the week before and it was a good tag team bout. Page and Omega capture the gold with a clothesline from Page to Frank Kazarian. 

Another man with the last name Page that I was impressed by is Diamond Dallas Page who by the way, competed in a 6 man tag match teaming with Dusty Rhodes and QT Marshall to face two of the Butcher, Blade and Bunny (or as I like to call them, the BBB) and MJF. 

Chris Jericho damaged one of Jon Moxley's eyes even though Moxley won the number one contender's match against PAC on the Rager episode to face Le Champion (by the way, how good was that PAC vs Darby Allin match at the Bash of the beach show like my goodness). I still think that Jericho is keeping the gold but will find out on February 29th. 


That is all folks. Like I said, keep a lookout for the latest edition of "My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays" tomorrow and I might post an essay on Friday. Anyways, let me know what you think about AEW Dyanomite and NXT from the past few weeks and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Eyeing On New Creative Writers.

Last week on RAW, The McMahon family announced that there will be new faces and fresh match ups. What better way to invoke change than to seek out new writers with different ideas right?  WWE are actively seeking for new writer's assistant positions with at least two years in writing television and or/ production experience and preferably but not necessary, a degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study.  For everyone who thinks they can do it better, here's your opportunity. Merry Christmas! https://t.co/FJch1rOXCM — Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) December 24, 2018 What do I think of this? As long as Vince is in charge, unfortunately, nothing is going to change for the better of the product but that's just me.  Let me know in the comments on how you would change the WWE product and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

WWE RAW 13/9/21 | A Coherent Review.

Ya boy took a week off of talking about wrestling which is something I usually need after watching a single episode of Monday Night RAW but consistency is key, people!  In recent weeks, however, Monday Night RAW doesn't feel like mental torture and the latest episode is no exception.  Images via WWE.com Big E Was Like, "I'm Definitely Cashing In My Contract".  The lovable wholesome gyrating big man name Big E interacted with Randy Orton as well as Bobby Lashley ahead of the WWE title match between Bob and Randal.  The reason is obvious. Big E wants to cash in seeing Becky Lynch's mother again (that's not it?).  All lame jokes aside, the big man did cash in the contract to become the NEW WWE champion later in the episode after a successful title defence from Bobby Lashley against Randy Orton.  Words cannot describe how f**king happy I am seeing one of my favourite performers finally capture the gold which was long overdue if you ask me.  I will go as far as to

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism.  "Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston.  (WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm).  Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28.  I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time.  Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane.  If anything, this distraction finish was a great chara