Skip to main content

WWE RAW 16/12/19 | My Coherent Review.

Image result for WWE Raw
This week's RAW was a whole lotta nothing and because of it, I'm not going to talk about everything that happened in this episode like I usually do but instead, I'm airing my positives for the show. 

Also, I'm not planning on posting my review for next week's RAW and the reason being is that I'm either replacing it with an essay or I'm leaving Tuesday afternoon (my time) blank depending on the day. 

Some Positives. 

Becky Lynch Sends Asuka An Important Message. 

Image result for performance
We're starting this recap with a fantastic sit-down promo by the champ. Like some fans out there, Becky admits of being a bit off for the past few months as a singles competitor and lumped in a newer environment in the women's tag team division. 

She then later feels like the company is trying to protect her by putting her in corporate events because the overlords think that Lynch is their bankable asset right now (at least, that's how I look at it). 

This promo of hers ends with a short message to Asuka simply stating that she needs somebody (which Becky usually says the opposite) and that somebody is the express of tomorrow to face Becky in order for the man to prove WWE that she can take care of herself. 

I need more character motivations like this and that is something other than Seth Rollins, WWE main roster programming is severely lacking. Great job from Becky Lynch. Props. 

Seth Rollins Enforces A New Kind Of Leadership. 

WWE Photo
Speaking of Seth Rollins, he and the Authors Of Pain were in the ring and Rollins says in his short promo that for months, he approached his leadership by pleasing the fans but because the audience turned on him, he feels that a change in attitude needs to be enforced. 

This was honestly great. I know you've heard this saying a lot but it's especially true in this matter. The best villains are the ones who believe what they're doing is right and Rollins' performance in this segment proved that. 

By the way, WWE brought back Seth's heel theme song back in 2015 and I like it. It was a nice call back when Seth had the best evil laugh in years. 

Yes, I didn't like the fact that Rollins challenged Mysterio for the US title but I'm contradicting myself because I'm talking about positives. 

Asuka vs Deonna Purrazzo. 

WWE Photo
This was the main roster debut for Deonna Purrazzo and a debut it was. I like this match. Purrazzo at one point during the match, slammed Asuka and later transitioned into an armbar (awesome sequence). 

Moments later, Asuka countered that with the Asuka lock and won the bout. Again, a great showcase on who Deonna Purrazzo is in the ring. If they put her on RAW permanently then I don't mind it. The NXT women's division has a lot going on right now and one call up wouldn't hurt it. 

And that's all for the positives. Like I said earlier, this was a skippable show and I hope you like this different coherent review. 

What do you guys think about this episode of RAW? Sound off in the comments below. Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and follow this very blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyway, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...