Skip to main content

Why I Haven't Reviewed Smackdown In 2 Weeks.

Image result for smackdown on fox
I know you don't care about a dude (moi) writing about why he hasn't reviewed Smackdown in 2 weeks on an unknown site called "Playard Wrestling Post" but hear me out.

Ever since the brand split was brought back, the blue brand's quality of television was like a roller-coaster ride, full of ups and downs. That overused metaphor can especially be applied as to how the powers that be, constructed each Smackdown episode in 2019. 

Smackdown on FOX is a great example of the shows' downward in quality storytelling. Other than maybe Bray Wyatt, every episode of Smackdown on FOX was underwhelming and in some cases, flat out horrendous. 

Elias is apparently a babyface even though the things he's saying sounds like something a heel would say, King Corbin makes fun of Roman Reigns' big dog persona in the lamest of ways, the women's division is as weak as the news you read on Wrestling Twitter and many more. 

I want to like Smackdown, I really do but if that's Smackdown answer to good storytelling then I'm unfortunately going to pan this show every week. 

It is sad that I'm doing this every Saturday afternoon (my time) but I'm sure there's someone out there that enjoys what WWE is putting out on FOX and you know what? That's awesome and I celebrate that. 

And yes, this is probably the shortest essay I’ve written on this site but I wanna get something out of my chest. Anyways, do you guys think that Smackdown on FOX is good, bad or somewhat in between? 

Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about it? Follow ya boy on the Twitta @omartheplayaguy and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...