Skip to main content

Peanut Butter Falcon Movie Review.


Ludacris once said, "I got movies. I got movies. In different cabinets." (if that isn't the most outdated thing I've said. I believe there's a word for it). He didn't actually say that but what I was trying to convey with my awful joke is that I love movies. So much so that I reviewed Fighting With My Family earlier this year. 

I don't review a lot of movies, considering that I'm sticking to my niche that is pro wrestling but when a movie does have wrestling in them, I might give my thoughts on it. 

Anywho, the film tells a story about a young person with down syndrome named Zak (played by Zack Gottsagen) and had aspirations of becoming a pro wrestler after watching very old videos of a wrestler he looks up to known as The SaltWater Redneck (played by Thomas Haden Church). 

He lived in a nursing home being taken care of by Eleanor (played by Dakota Johnson) and eventually escaped that place in order for Zak to stop by at SaltWater Redneck's wrestling school. Along the way, Zak meets Tyler who's a fisherman with an aim to go to Florida and they had a journey together that embodies friendship and life goals. 

Image result for peanut butter falcon

This movie after viewing it twice via Google Play movies, is my favourite film of the year. Shia Lebeouf aka the guy that is the walking symbol of the phrase "I don't know karate but I do know crazy", gave a stellar performance unsurprisingly thanks to the character he was given to portray by the two directors and writers in Tyler Nilson and Michael Schwartz. 

Zack Gottsagen also needs my big props because he made me root for Zak and his drive to become what he dreamt of being. Dakota Johnson played a motherly role in Zak's life and she was so good in that role that it actually convince me "that's my pick for Susan Storm" but that's a different discussion. There were two notable names in the professional wrestling world that I wouldn't spoil given that it was a special moment for a fan of the medium like myself. 

Overall, this is a delightful movie that I can definitely recommend seeing it on digital platforms like Google Play, Apple TV etc. Let me know your thoughts on peanut butter falcon. 

My Twitta: https://twitter.com/omartheplayaguy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...