Skip to main content

Some Other News: How Did WWE Backstage Do In The Ratings?

Image result for wwe backstage
Given that it's a slow news week, I decided to only talk about two wrestling interesting wrestling stories of the week. Le. go. 

WWE Backstage Overall Viewership. 

The debut episode of "WWE Backstage" was actually entertaining that has a mix of modern sports talk show with a bit of a fun MTV like live show. 

Now, how did it hold up in the ratings? From Showbuzz Daily, the inaugural episode did 597,000 viewers with a .20 rating in the 18 to 49 demographic. 

That program did better than The Daily Show on Comedy Central but I'm sure some of you guys are not shocked by that. 

Triple H "Blown Away" By Tyson Fury's In-Ring Training. 

Triple H recently talked with the guys over at Bleacher Report and during the interview, the COO of WWE talked about how he was "shocked" at Tyson Fury's in-ring performance. 

"I was blown away. I sent Vince (McMahon) a video of him about 45 minutes after the first day he was at the Performance Center, and I said, 'You're not going to believe this, look at what he's already doing.'

"He picks it up so quickly because he's so laser-focused on it. He wants to put on this epic show. He has the desire for it to be great. He's asking for more; he wants more; he's jumping in with both feet. It's almost like having to pull the reins back a little bit to get him to slow down and say, 'maybe we don't want to do that quite yet.' It's amazing to see that level of dedication."

And that’s all. Keep an eye on a versus essay coming out in the next week or so. What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Review.

Another month or so, another great NXT Takeover event courtesy of the NXT creative team filled with top-notch in-ring action and storytelling. I know it feels tiresome when you heard people praise highly talk about the Takeover shows but trust me they are that good.  The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championship. During the match, Montez Ford delivered the people's elbow after hitting a spinebuster on Bobby Fish. The match ended with a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits continues to celebrate as tag team champions.  I'm very conflicted with this decision mainly because I don't want to see more okay matches between The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan but I'm going to be optimistic hoping that it's not the case.  Io Shirai vs Candice Lerae.  Io's theme song is simple yet badass at the same time (no shit, Omar). The match started off with Candice rushing to the ring and brawled on the outs...

WWE RAW 13/7/20 | A Coherent Review.

I didn't like this show. Thankfully, this episode didn't pull a Smackdown but because of how well last week's show went, I felt really underwhelmed watching that.   MVP Lounge. Special Guest, Dolph Ziggler.  Montel Von Porter welcomed his guest that shares a common hatred for Drew McIntyre and that guest is, of course, Dolph Ziggler.  Ziggler compliments the new United States championship design to which MVP let him know that he'll talk to his people and get a new WWE championship design once the show-off, wins the championship (and honestly, Ziggler's got a point, the WWE Title needs a new design).  Dolph further tells MVP that he's the reason why Drew defeated Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.  Out came the Scotsmen himself and he basically said that he'll beat the crap out of him and Dolph got a bit of that with a punch. An enjoyable segment.  The thing I kind of appreciate about this feud is that Dolph...

Finn Balor Is Indeed Out Of Action.

A couple of days ago, WWE announced that Finn Balor suffered an injury and didn't specify on what the injury was. His last match, by the way, was a triple threat match at a house show last Wednesday in Santiago, Chile against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre to which McIntrye won.  It turns out that Finn wasn't dealing with an injury at all, at least according to Mike Johnson over at  PWinsider . Instead, Balor is dealing with an illness and couldn't continue the Latin America tour. Finn is also unable to compete on the Mixed Match Challenge, replacing him with Apollo Crews. But the powers that be believe that he's 100% ready for TLC next week. Here's what he had to say about that via Twitter:  I am sorry I could not preform in #WWEBuenosAires Lo siento no pude competir en #WWEBuenosAires — Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) December 7, 2018   I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.  By the way, I report on the 5 major or minor news of ...