Skip to main content

Should Wrestling Bloggers Quit Writing About Wrestling?

person near clear glass window pane and window blinds low-light photography
It's been 5 months since I wrote a piece so I apologize for that but lately, I've seen a few wrestling bloggers say that they thought of leaving the wrestling blogging world behind and I wanna address that because it's an important topic we as a community need to talk about. 

I've been blogging about professional wrestling (more specifically WWE because I'm a WWE shill) for a year and a half now and one of the reasons why I do what I do on this site is that it's my form of mental therapy for me and I will always cherish that. However, not every blogger feels this way and thanks to my quote "influence", I've reached out to some of them and here are the common things I've got from them. 

#1 "I'm not good enough because my work doesn't get much visitors" 


I don't know if they've been writing for 2 years, 3 years but that sounds like somebody that has been blogging for that long. Anyways, if you do I get it. I really get it given that you've worked so damn hard on putting out written content for years and still get about 20 viewers, 10 viewers per post, however, think about this. 

If you got 5 to 10 viewers per post then it's like a group of friends reading your post and if your site has 20 visitors per post then it's like an entire classroom that clicked so fast just to find out your thoughts on a show. 

My solution to this is instead of wanting for more visitors, cherish the viewers that reads your stuff on a regular basis and develop great relationships with them because what you're doing is you're building a community for fans to talk about a niche they love that you composed from the beginning and that's something to be extremely proud of honestly. 

#2 The hate is too much. 


Oh, I feel you on that one. Interacting with like minded people is great but it's not without encountering some piece of human faeces. The hate is tough out here in these blogging streets and whenever you make a single typo, somebody most likely will use the * symbol to correct which can be a good thing depending on how he or she says it but it can also be a bad thing. 

I've learned from a very young age that people will have a reason as to why they don't like you (sometimes warranted, other times odd and just plain hateful) and you're probably replying this with "Well, it's easy for you". 

In actuality, no it isn't. I'm a human being and sometimes when I'm not in a good mood, I read a terrible comment that either boils my mind with a lot of anger or feel sorry for myself but at least I'm trying and I encourage you guys to do the same. 

#3: Writer's block.


I know you read the title like "hallelujer" but it is one of the most frustrating things as a writer and the reason why is because you're simply stuck not knowing what to write next. The thing that works for me is taking a break. 

Giving yourself some time to relax heals your frustrations and it grows your desire to write when ready. Your writing may not be great but one thing's certain is that you actually wrote something. A very wise person once said:

"The worst thing you write is better than the best thing you didn't write.”


You're probably reading the headline like" why didn't you answer the question? Why are you dodging answers like you're a politician?" Should you quit writing or blogging about wrestling?

It really depends on your life situation. If you don't feel the passion then it could be the best decision but I feel like this is a situation where you should really think hard about and see if it's the right choice or not. 

The real question is, have you or have you not thought of quitting blogging and if so, why that is? Put any of those thoughts in the comments below. Follow me on Twitter @omartheplayaguy and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...