Skip to main content

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Predictions.

Image result for nxt takeover toronto
via WWE
You're probably thinking "what? Where's the NXT review for this week's episode?" Well, it was nothing but highlight packages.

Good highlight packages in that. No matter how weak or strong an NXT build is, you as a pro wrestling connoisseur will always get a great show to remember. Now, on with the predictions. 

The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era in Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish for the NXT Tag Team Championship. 

The contract signing segment in the go-home show was decent and didn't do the cliche thing of having a brawl in the end so I appreciate that. The Street Profits has made a lot of main roster cameos and that could be a big factor as to why the charismatic duo in Dawkins and Ford are losing. 

My reason as to why The Street Profits are losing is that they have faced established NXT tag teams like The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan more than once at this point. While those matches were okay, I don't wanna see more okay matches. 

I Predict: The Undisputed Era takes the gold. 

Io Shirai vs Candice LeRae. 

That heel turn from Io Shirai was something that she needed because other than her in-ring work, I'm not a fan of her character work. 

Look, not every bland babyface character needs a heel turn but they at least tried and it's working so far. I feel like Candice's role right now is putting other bad guys over and this is no exception. 

I Predict: Io Shirai wins. 

The Velveteen Dream vs Pete Dunne vs Roderick Strong for the NXT North American Championship. 

Great seeing Pete Dunne in NXT once more and this is my pick for match of the night but Gargano and Cole are really tying this category. Velveteen Dream has built a solid reign as champion with the number of promos and of course, great in-ring work and I don't see that changing no matter how I'm fanboying the idea of all The Undisputed Era taking all the gold. 

I Predict: Velveteen Dream retains. 

Shayna Baszler vs Mia Yim for the NXT Women's Championship. 

Like I said in my last week's reviews of NXT (which you can click here to read the whole thing), I don't see Canada being the country that Shayna is going to lose her title from. I think it's too early for Mia Yim to become NXT women's champ even though I'm a fan of Mia Yim as a performer. 

I Predict: Shayna retains the women's title. 

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole for the NXT Championship. 2 out of 3 falls match. 

Unlike their previous 2 out of 3 falls match at Takeover: New York, 2 of them are stipulation matches. Cole chose a singles match while Gargano chose a street fight and the GM of NXT in William Regal will announce the 3rd and decisive fall if there's going to be one which I hope it will. In other words, it's basically a 3 stages of hell match. 

Those two guys had two of the best matches of the year in my opinion and I can't wait for how different this match is going to be for entertaining reasons obviously. Also, unlike the previous matches, this match had an actual story going into Takeover: Toronto and it's a simple revenge plot yet a very well executed one.

 I don't see Johnny wrestling leave Takeover with the NXT Champion. Maybe when Ciampa comes back then he could feud with Adam Cole? Sign me up if that's the case. 

I Predict: Adam Cole will still be champion bay bay. 

Thank you so much for reading my predictions of NXT Takeover: Toronto and if like what you read then make sure you follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Follows me on Twitter @omartheplayaguy, stay safe smarks and have yourselves a great SummerSlam weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...