Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: What’s With Dave Meltzer’s Report On Low PPV Buys For Stomping Ground?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. Yes, I haven't reviewed or watched Fyter Fest because I had an EXTREMELY busy day. Might watch it at some point. 

Jinder Recently Underwent Knee Surgery. 

Jinder Mahal has been greatly utilized in the 24/7 championship scene even capturing the title on 2 different occasions. The modern-day Mahalrrrrrrrrraja took to Instagram and said that quote "surgery went well".



He ended the post stating that his "comeback is going to be legendary". No mention of when he's gonna step inside the ring once again but we're gonna find that out very soon. I hope he comes back better and stronger than ever. 

What’s With Dave Meltzer’s Report On Low PPV Buys For Stomping Ground? 

Now, you're probably reading this headline like "people are dumb enough to buy WWE PPVs when they can get the network for $9.99?"  From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and Dave Meltzer, Stomping Grounds did about 9,800 to 9,900 buys. He then went on to say that Super showdown had 11,000 buys which is weird because it aired on a Friday afternoon US time.

I don't know why but I'm oddly not outraged about this given the factors involved in buying WWE PPVs in 2019 like how bars and restaurants can't show WWE PPVs because they legally can't show it via the network, how apparently 22 million people in the US don't have broadband Internet connection (yea. I felt the same way when I read that number). 

A Bray Wyatt Video Teaser Has Been Released. 

Last week's episode of RAW (which you can click here to read my review for it) didn't feature the firefly fun house segment surprisingly. Instead, the dolls were placed in the background for the fans to witness. WWE has posted a teaser about Bray Wyatt on Twitter for the whole fireflies to see. Click here to see that. 

WWE Is Bringing On A Free To Air Highlight Package In The UK. 

From Sports Business Media, WWE is quote "talking to broadcasters about a free to air highlight package in the UK". That highlight package will start airing in 2020 and was "carved out" of the multi-year BT Sport deal with WWE. 

That article hasn't mentioned when it will start but what they did mention is that the end date is not specified as of this moment. The motivation for that is for WWE to get traction for their programming (Wow, that's a lot of fors). The last time WWE did that was back in the early 2000s on Channel 4. 

Big Cass On Anxiety And Depression. 

DDP Yoga uploaded a video about his struggle with anxiety and depression. I recommend watching the entire thing because it was a great video and I hope you guys can somehow learn from this after watching this video. Oh, and you can view it below.



What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Additional sources: cultaholic.com/news/wwe-stomping-grounds-does-reported-record-low-number-of-ppv-buys/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...