Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Reports On Goldust’s Contract Situation, Maryse On A Possible Return To WWE.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

WWE To Unite The RAW and The Smackdown Live Women’s Championships At Wrestlemania 35? 

On this past week’s episode of Smackdown Live, we’ve witnessed Charlotte put on a great match with Asuka for the Smackdown Live women’s championship to which Charlotte captured the championship. Making her an 8-time women’s champion. 

Anyways, since that title change, Rumours has been going around that WWE might unify the RAW and Smackdown Live women’s championships at Wrestlemania 35. I did some digging and that rumour came from Slice Wrestling and they’re not a reliable entity. Always guys, check who’s the source because then you’ll know who’s legit or not. 

Initial Plans For The Smackdown Live Women’s Championship Match At Wrestlemania 35. 

Speaking of the Smackdown Live women’s championship, the initial plan according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is that Asuka was set to defend her Smackdown Live women’s championship at Wrestlemania against the person that won the fatal four way number one contenders match on this past week’s episode of Smackdown Live but that match was obviously cancelled and replaced by a Smackdown women’s title match. 

That person was apparently Mandy Rose and the reason behind the cancellation of the fatal four-way match was because WWE felt that Wrestlemania 35 has too many matches. I completely understand where WWE is coming from but like I said on my Smackdown Live Review (which you can click here), Charlotte’s win over Asuka still has made me ask more questions than answers. Will see how WWE addresses that on RAW or Smackdown this coming week. 

Triple H On If He Would Move The Usual Takeover Show Date Once Smackdown Airs On FOX During Mania Weekend. 

Triple H was recently in a media conference call that lasted about 37 minutes and he was asked a number of different questions including a question asked by Jason Powell over at Prowrestling.net about if Triple H would move the NXT Takeover show to Thursday instead of Saturday. That question appeared around the 14:55 mark. Here’s what Triple H had to say about that: 

“I think from a live event standpoint and from I mean just speaking of top of my head, like I think that a weekend just from a as people go to events and watch things on the network and everything, a Saturday is probably better than a Thursday but obviously that's something we’re working through now of the dates and when things will be and be on sale.” 

He continues on: 

“The shift to Smackdown to Fridays and being on FOX and broadcast and everything, it fundamentally shifts a lot of things for us so that's all stuff we been doing a lot of work on since the moment that deal was announced and will do it right, probably to and beyond the moment we do that first show. It’s gonna change a lot of what we do and there's a lot of work to be done on what that means.” 

Reports On Goldust’s Contract Situation. 

Now, If you’ve not seen him on TV for some time it’s because Goldust or Dustin Rhodes has been dealing with an injury but that’s not the story I reporting on. I, of course, am talking about Dustin’s contract situation. 

From Pro Wrestling Sheet and Ryan Satin, Rhodes’ WWE contract has been expired and he’s waiting for his 90 day no compete part of his contract to end. Dustin Rhodes should be free in May. Hmmm? 

Dustin actually responded about this report via Twitter and here’s what he had to say: 

"I am still under contract with the @wwe, and everything that is being said online is just talk, and complete bullshit. This is exactly why I hate smart marks!"

Keep in mind that he hasn’t given a solid reason as to why this is not true considering that Pro Wrestling Sheet and Ryan Satin is usually a reliable site. 

However, given that a 90 day no compete clause happens when a performer asks for a release and not when a contract is expiring, I could see why some fans are sceptical.

Maryse On A Possible Return To WWE. 

Maryse recently sat down with Hollywood life and in it, Maryse was asked if she would come back to WWE. Here’s what she said about it: 


“You never know, I’m not even thinking about it right now because I just honestly want to enjoy my life and my pregnancy. Now that I have Monroe and I’m pregnant again, honestly it goes by so fast.”

Maryse then continues on: 

“I think that the WWE values me, and I’ve been with them for over 15 years on and off, so, I would honestly say I don’t know, and I’m open to it, but we’ll have to see. And the WWE is all about bragging rights, because we’re competitive…That’s the WWE, that’s the life that we live, you never what’s gonna happen.”

Well, I hope you're caught up with the news and let me know your thoughts on the news I just reported. Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks. 

Additional Sources:
411mania.com/wrestling/maryse-potential-wwe-return-never-know/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...