Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: WWE Planning For A Queen Of The Ring Tournament Next Year? Vince McMahon Loves Corbin As Acting GM Of RAW.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

WWE Planning For A Queen Of The Ring Tournament Next Year?

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE are pitching ideas for a possible Queen Of The Ring tournament next year. WWE hasn't done a King Of The Ring tournament since 2015 so it will be interesting on how they'll approach it if the idea turns into a reality. 

HBO Coming Out With A Kenny Omega Documentary In 2019

Well, a Canadian musician Joseph Shabason did an interview with the Kreative Kontrol podcast with Vish Khanna and he talked about his involvement in a Kenny Omega documentary that's coming out in 2019 and here's what he had to say (transcript via wrestling news source): 

"I just finished a documentary about a wrestler. That’s going to be coming out on HBO in the New Year, which is going to be really exciting.

It’s a wrestler named Kenny Omega. He’s a wrestler from Winnipeg, but went to Japan and formed this tag team called the Golden Lovers, which was sort of like the first ever queer storyline in wrestling. He’s a pretty incredible dude; I was really happy with scoring that."

This is huge considering that he's not a WWE employee and I'm not the biggest Kenny Omega fan but I cannot wait for this documentary to come out. 

Vince McMahon Loves Corbin As Acting GM Of RAW.

Baron Corbin was recently a guest on Booker T's podcast along with Brad Gilmore called Heated Conversations and during the interview, Corbin talked about how Vince loves him as acting GM of RAW (transcript via WrestleZone): 

"I was definitely nervous the first few times. It’s crazy, but I think they’re letting me have fun with it and do it my way and do it as me and Vince [McMahon] loves it. For the last four weeks, I’ve been the first 15 minutes of Monday Night RAW, which is crazy. That’s a John Cena spot. That’s a Roman Reigns spot and I’m doing it. 

It’s a great opportunity and I love the challenge. I want to be able to do that every single week and fill it and people hate me for it and I love it. They despise that I’m on their TV six or seven times a night and that’s the best thing for me because then they’re following everything I’m doing. 

If they hate me that much, they’re following everything I do. If they hate me that much, then they’re following everything I do and it’s just awesome, but it’s very exciting in a nervous way. It’s intimidating, but that’s what I do. That’s why I am good at what I do. That’s why I’ve always been successful because I’m really good under pressure."

Eric Bischoff Talks About His TEDx Talk Last Month

Eric Bischoff talked about his TEDx talk last month (which was very good by the way. Click here to watch the whole thing) in an interview with sports illustrated. Here are a few highlights: 

About his speech: “I had an entirely different talk laid out until the night before, and I woke up early in the morning and decided on the spot that I was going to completely change it up. Since I had so little time to prepare for it, I improv’d a lot of that, and it reminded me so much of the way we used to do some of the best promos we ever did.”

About the challenge of capturing an audience: “This was something I’d never done before, and I felt like I needed to get out in front of a live audience.” “It was a unique challenge and I have no plans to do it again, but never say never.”

The Rock Reportedly Was Going To Win This Coming Royal Rumble

Yes, you read the title correctly. Wrestlevotes on Twitter stated the original plans for the Universal championship match at Wrestlemania: 

 Well, I hope you're caught up with the news and let me know your thoughts on the news I just reported. Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...