Skip to main content

Jim Cornette's Opinion On WWE's Deal With FOX.

Jim Cornette recently appeared on Talk Is Jericho about the state of wrestling (Click here to listen and download the whole thing, it's really good) and talked about a number of topics but the interesting thing about this discussion is his opinion on WWE's deal with FOX. Here's what he had to say (shout out to WrestleZone for the transcript): 

"Vince just got $2 billion for a TV deal. People are looking at All In, the resurgence of New Japan, and all that, but that’s going to be the most important thing. Now people with platforms are interested in wrestling again. 

There’s a lot of money in wrestling again. For a while ratings were meh, and they still are, but at the same point $2 billion, how can you argue with that? In 2011, when Sinclair Broadcasting bought Ring of Honor it instantly became the second most watched television program because it was on 60 local stations. 

That was still a wide gap from WWE, and IMPACT has gone in the other direction because of their platform. It doesn’t matter how good the wrestling is, how good the show is, or the wrestling style, now platforms are interested and it doesn’t have to all be Vince."

What do I think of this? Jim Cornette is not somebody that I seek on opinions of pro wrestling on a daily basis but I do agree with him on how companies with big platforms are starting to see value in wrestling again. However, it is intriguing how Smackdown Live will deliver in terms of booking certain storylines once October of 2019 hits. 

Do you agree or disagree with him? Let me know in the comments below and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AEW Thursday Night Dynamite | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

Fridays are my day off and while this is my hobby, I treat this site as work given the articles I put out and the amount of research that goes into those articles.  With that being said, what do I think about AEW Dynamite Thursday edition?  It wasn't as good as the Saturday episode however, it was at least somewhat tolerable to watch.  In other words, it was okay.  A Tag Team Gauntlet Match To Determine The Number One Contenders For The AEW World Tag Team Championship.  Look, I see the fans not practising social distancing despite wearing masks.  However, I would be lying if I didn't get a kick out of the fans singing Chris Jericho's theme song again.  Anywho, the entire thing was solid.  The Young Bucks got rid of Dusty Rhodes and QT Marshall but they can't get rid of Best Friends due to one man, Hangman Adam Page.  The possible falling out of the elite is something I gotta keep an eye on.  I'm c...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

Top 7 Best NXT Takeover Theme Songs.

Everbody likes to put on some good music. You like good music. Your friends and family like good music. However, what makes a song good is completely subjective but in my opinion, NXT are nailing it with their takeover theme songs and I'm ranking them on a glorified subjective form of content and that is list videos/articles or in my case a top seven list. Without further ado, Here are my top seven best NXT takeover theme songs.  7. Serpents by Neck Deep   The reason why I like this song so much is that   it gives me some early 2000s punk rock which by listening to this song, it feels like they're paying a homage to that era. overall a good listen that depending on how old you are will give a nostalgic feel like I did.  6. Ace Of Spades by  Motörhead Now, l like me some Motörhead. Triple H's current theme and the evolution theme song is some of my favourite theme music of all time and this is no exception. The only critique I have for this song ...