Skip to main content

WWE RAW 29/10/18 | My Coherent Review.

I haven't reviewed RAW in 2 weeks so was this show worth me reviewing it in the sense that it is any good? No, it's boring as usual with RAW. Why you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you what's good, what's ok and what's bad.  

WHAT'S GOOD 

Seth Rollins Calls Out Dean Ambrose 

“You know what man? You really are a cold-hearted bastard,” Rollins says. “You spat on everything The Shield ever stood for.”
This is the best Seth Rollin promo I've ever heard. It's even better than his heel promos back in late 2014/ early to late 2015. He spoke with such intensity and passion that it just made it so much better and Dean being silent was just plain awesome. Me saying how good this is doesn't do it justice so click here if you haven't seen it. 

Bobby Lashley Is Finally Not Cringe-Inducing

WWE Photo
Look, I don't give a crap about the match itself because it's literally a repeat of last week's match but I'm liking this new, serious Bobby Lashley and it's something that he should've gotten when he came back to the company several months ago and top with a funny, charismatic Lio Rush and you got a great duo.

WHAT'S OK

The Opening Segment

Strowman drops Corbin with three Running Powerslams...
The segment is pretty much Baron Corbin cuts a promo about crown jewel taking place in God knows where according to WWE, Brock comes out with Paul Heyman and Paul cuts a promo about Brock winning the title at Crown Jewel, Braun Strowman comes out and he cuts a promo on beating Brock and winning the title, delivered a bodyslam three times to Corbin and then eats an F5 from Brock. In other words, this was a very basic segment that I don't hate but it was forgettable in my opinion.  

Sasha Banks, Bayley, Lita and Trish Stratus vs Alicia Fox, Mickie James and The Riott Squad. 

WWE Photo
I mean what do you expect? It's both matches from Evolution yesterday combined into one (Click here for my Evolution review) but I will say this, Lita did look good in the ring. The team of Sasha Banks, Bayley, Lita and Trish Stratus won that match win Natalya hitting a sharpshooter to Alicia Fox. 

Elias vs Jinder Mayhal (Kurt Angle Voice)


By the way, I can't be the only one who forgot that Elias turned babyface. Anyways, the match was rather quick so it's good for not wasting my time. Elias won with the drift away. 

Chad Gable and Bobby Roode vs AOP vs The Ascension 

WWE Photo
The match itself was fine. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable won that match with a double team neckbreaker finish. I honestly am sick and tired of this whole Chad Gable and Bobby Roode thing and I understand that turning Roode heel would've made no sense considering that there are so many heels right now on the main roster but I feel like it's too little, too late for that to happen. 

Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews 

WWE Photo
I'm actually debating on whether I should watch and review Crown Jewel or not considering A, It's a WWE show and B it has two matches that I'm looking forward to. One is AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan and Two, Kurt Angle vs Dolph Ziggler not to mention an in-ring return after 8 years but anyways this was a decent match. Dolph won here obviously with a superkick. 


Lucha House Party vs The Revival 

WWE Photo
An okay match in my opinion. Nothing special happened really. Lucha House Party won with Kalisto delivered a Salida Del Sol to Scott Dawson. 

The Brothers Of Destruction Confronts DX One Last Time Before Crown Jewel 

As Kane heads up the ramp to confront Triple H, Shawn Michaels sneaks into the ring and drills Undertaker with Sweet Chin Music.
The show ended with a decent segment and by the way, this match actually would've fitted a lot better if it was at Survivor Series but that's just me.  

WHAT'S BAD

Nia Jax vs Ember Moon 

WWE Photo
I actually would've not put in on what's bad if they added that Nia Jax's number one contendership will be on the line but nope, this ain't Monday night RAW without a series of the same matches over and over again like this one. Nia wins with a leg drop via a distraction from Ember and yes, Nia Jax turn heel I guess like as if I give a shit. 

Well, that's all folks I hope you enjoyed my coherent review and if you did then follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and comment below on what do you think about RAW last night? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Eyeing On New Creative Writers.

Last week on RAW, The McMahon family announced that there will be new faces and fresh match ups. What better way to invoke change than to seek out new writers with different ideas right?  WWE are actively seeking for new writer's assistant positions with at least two years in writing television and or/ production experience and preferably but not necessary, a degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study.  For everyone who thinks they can do it better, here's your opportunity. Merry Christmas! https://t.co/FJch1rOXCM — Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) December 24, 2018 What do I think of this? As long as Vince is in charge, unfortunately, nothing is going to change for the better of the product but that's just me.  Let me know in the comments on how you would change the WWE product and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

WWE RAW 13/9/21 | A Coherent Review.

Ya boy took a week off of talking about wrestling which is something I usually need after watching a single episode of Monday Night RAW but consistency is key, people!  In recent weeks, however, Monday Night RAW doesn't feel like mental torture and the latest episode is no exception.  Images via WWE.com Big E Was Like, "I'm Definitely Cashing In My Contract".  The lovable wholesome gyrating big man name Big E interacted with Randy Orton as well as Bobby Lashley ahead of the WWE title match between Bob and Randal.  The reason is obvious. Big E wants to cash in seeing Becky Lynch's mother again (that's not it?).  All lame jokes aside, the big man did cash in the contract to become the NEW WWE champion later in the episode after a successful title defence from Bobby Lashley against Randy Orton.  Words cannot describe how f**king happy I am seeing one of my favourite performers finally capture the gold which was long overdue if you ask me.  I will go as far as to

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism.  "Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston.  (WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm).  Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28.  I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time.  Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane.  If anything, this distraction finish was a great chara