Skip to main content

WWE Summerslam 2018 | My Coherent Review.

Hello my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to my Summerslam 2018 review and it was overall a good show with minor issues which I will get there but again a good show. Now, I didn't watch the preshow because I watched the show hours after it aired on the WWE network but all you need to know is that Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega, The B team and Cedric Alexander won their respective matches. Without further ado, here are my full thoughts on the show itself. 

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Seth Rollins 

WWE Photo
A great opener. Man, that New York crowd ate that match up. During a match, Rollins did an inverted DDT on the top rope into another inverted DDT which was beautiful to watch. Seth wins with a superkick into a curb stomp, winning the championship in the process. 

The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The New Day


WWE Photo

Another decent match. When Xavier hit that elbow drop from the top rope into the outside was amazing.  I swear to god, big e is killing himself with that spear from the outside he's doing. New Day wins via DQ but the Bludgeon Brothers still retains the titles which I understand why they did it but why? Maybe that leads to a Smackdown Live tag titles inside hell in a cell like the new day vs the Usos?  Will shall see.

Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens

WWE Photo
This match was basically like those Braun strowman Jobber squash matches two years ago. During the match, Braun strowman hit a chokeslam to Owens on the stage ramp which looked brutal. Braun wins with the running bodyslam.  

Carmella (c) vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch 

WWE Photo
By the way, when Charlotte was walking down the ramp and a guy front row was booing hard on her face and the funny part about this was that Charlotte ignored him like nothing happened.  

That was hilarious but nevertheless, the match was pretty good.  During the match, Carmella did a running dive to Becky Lynch on the outside then Charlotte did a top rope corkscrew moonsault which looked beautiful.  

The match ends with Charlotte delivered a natural selection, pin Becky to the count of three and wins the #SDlive women's championship for the second time and a seven-time women's championship. After the match, Becky Lynch hugged Charlotte and then beats the CRAP off of her to the chants of "You deserve it". I thought that was great and I'm intrigued for what's next. 

AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe 

WWE Photo
That was a great match. During the match Samoa Joe was going for a muscle buster, AJ reversed it and then Joe hit a brutal roundhouse kick and AJ sold it like a pro. 

Samoa Joe then cuts a short promo pretty much saying that he is Wendy styles' daddy and pissed AJ off to the point where he grabbed a steel chair and ended that match into a DQ. 

Man, two false finishes in one night are overkill in my opinion.  I get it they're progressing that storyline but wouldn't it be better if Samoa Joe knocked out styles with the clutch and progressing the storyline like that? 

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz 

WWE Photo
Goooood match and it was surprisingly hard-hitting. During the match on the ring apron, Daniel Bryan was aiming at miz's face but he ends up hitting the ring post. The match ends with Maryse giving the miz a brass knuckle and pushed it on Daniel Bryan's face real quick winning the match in the process. 

All I can say is that the right man won and I hope we fans get to see a rematch preferably at WrestleMania next year for the WWE title but I don't know if that's gonna happen considering of Daniel Bryan's contract situation. 

"Constable" Baron Corbin vs Finn Balor 

WWE Photo
Another squash match but it was a nice surprise that the "demon" Finn Balor is back after ten months. Balor wins with the coup de grace and I have a feeling that this feud doesn't end and I hope to god I'm wrong. 

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Jeff Hardy

WWE Photo
Okay match. One of the highlights of that match was Jeff Hardy going to hit the Swanton bomb to Nakamura on the ring apron but Nakamura dodged it making the spot devastating to watch. Nakamura retains the championship with the Kinshasa. After the match, Randy Orton comes out and then he leaves. I don't know what was that to be honest considering that it didn't make any sense whatsoever. 

Alexa Bliss (c) vs Ronda Rousey

WWE Photo
Another squash match. Not really a squash but it was quick the great thing about this is that it didn't make alexa look weak if that's where WWE is aiming here. Ronda wins with the armbar submission. Alexa Bliss will face Trish Stratus at WWE Evolution in a few months which by the way, I'm not looking forward to that match because it doesn't scream "match of the year". However, Ronda vs Trish is a more intriguing match in my opinion but it is what it is. 

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns 

WWE Photo

After Paul's introduction, Braun Strowman comes out and basically says that he doesn't cash his contract like a coward. 

The thing I didn't get about this match was roman hit how spears at WrestleMania and he beat Brock by just a few? I don't get it but I will say this, Brock didn't actually hit the F5 so that was interesting I guess. 

In my humble opinion, this match would've benefited a no DQ stipulation because that match ended quickly. Roman wins with the all mighty spear.

Vince's wet dream has come true. Now I'm not pissed off that roman won, I just thought that sentence sounded funny in my opinion.  A feud between Roman and strowman is in place because of what just happened and I don't mind it because they had the feud of the year last year on top of some entertaining matches. 



My question is, what do you think about Summerslam 2018? Let me know in the comments below and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Eyeing On New Creative Writers.

Last week on RAW, The McMahon family announced that there will be new faces and fresh match ups. What better way to invoke change than to seek out new writers with different ideas right?  WWE are actively seeking for new writer's assistant positions with at least two years in writing television and or/ production experience and preferably but not necessary, a degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study.  For everyone who thinks they can do it better, here's your opportunity. Merry Christmas! https://t.co/FJch1rOXCM — Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) December 24, 2018 What do I think of this? As long as Vince is in charge, unfortunately, nothing is going to change for the better of the product but that's just me.  Let me know in the comments on how you would change the WWE product and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

WWE RAW 13/9/21 | A Coherent Review.

Ya boy took a week off of talking about wrestling which is something I usually need after watching a single episode of Monday Night RAW but consistency is key, people!  In recent weeks, however, Monday Night RAW doesn't feel like mental torture and the latest episode is no exception.  Images via WWE.com Big E Was Like, "I'm Definitely Cashing In My Contract".  The lovable wholesome gyrating big man name Big E interacted with Randy Orton as well as Bobby Lashley ahead of the WWE title match between Bob and Randal.  The reason is obvious. Big E wants to cash in seeing Becky Lynch's mother again (that's not it?).  All lame jokes aside, the big man did cash in the contract to become the NEW WWE champion later in the episode after a successful title defence from Bobby Lashley against Randy Orton.  Words cannot describe how f**king happy I am seeing one of my favourite performers finally capture the gold which was long overdue if you ask me.  I will go as far as to

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism.  "Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston.  (WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm).  Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28.  I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time.  Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane.  If anything, this distraction finish was a great chara