Skip to main content

A Very LATE AEW Coherent Take: AEW Got Too Many TITLES!?

It's Friday. You know what that means. An AEW recap series that comes out as consistent as Vince McMahon's creative vision. You know what's consistent? How enjoyable Rampage and Dynamite are for the most part. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

Get Well Soon CM Punk. 

Headline spitting facts here. The fact that it's a match elimination series of a battle Royal then a one-on-one match then another one-on-one match at Forbidden Door and not a full-fledged tournament was the right choice considering how common tournaments are in AEW (also, please, let Adam Cole be the interim champion). 

The Young Bucks vs The Lucha Bros. 

Anything with the Bucks and Lucha Bros will always make me utter the word "Pog" like a typical Twitch chatter that has nothing going for themselves. 

Unlike their encounter at last year's All Out PPV, The Young Bucks stood tall against the former tag team champions. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Kiera Hogan lost to Athena - I guess Kiera wasn't one hundy on Friday. 

Scorpio Sky defeated Dante Martin for the TNT championship - Dante had a world and a TNT championship match this year alone? Let's freaking go. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

That All Atlantic Championship Goes Hard Bruh.

I like the design although I do think AEW has a crap ton of titles (especially with the acquisition of ROH). 

Buddy Matthews vs Pac. All Atlantic Championship Tournament. 

That match was great. Simple as, bruf. Pac defeated the Aussie man to advance in the tournament. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Here we go. Casino battle royal time - A decent way to open the show. Kyle O'Reilly won the whole thing and faced Jonny Mox later in the episode and……….. 

Jon Moxley defeated Kyle O'Reilly to face probably Hiroshi Tanahashi at Forbidden Door - All I can say about the entire booking decision for the world championship is that Hangman losing the title wasn't the right call. AEW could've saved themselves a ton of headaches. 

Will Ospreay is here. *unenthusiastic* Yay! - Coolinos.

Hangman Page wants OKADA - Adam Cole pulled a Jack Black from Nacho Libre and replied, "you're crazy". Oh, and Page defeated David Finlay in case all 2 and a half of y'all were wondering. 

Wardlow is eyeing the TNT championship - can't blame him because that title with the gold and purple combination is so beautiful. 

Thunder Rosa retained the AEW world women's championship defeating Maria Shafir -  Aka a consequence of AEW having more titles than MCU films. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Review.

Another month or so, another great NXT Takeover event courtesy of the NXT creative team filled with top-notch in-ring action and storytelling. I know it feels tiresome when you heard people praise highly talk about the Takeover shows but trust me they are that good.  The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championship. During the match, Montez Ford delivered the people's elbow after hitting a spinebuster on Bobby Fish. The match ended with a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits continues to celebrate as tag team champions.  I'm very conflicted with this decision mainly because I don't want to see more okay matches between The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan but I'm going to be optimistic hoping that it's not the case.  Io Shirai vs Candice Lerae.  Io's theme song is simple yet badass at the same time (no shit, Omar). The match started off with Candice rushing to the ring and brawled on the outs...

WWE RAW 13/7/20 | A Coherent Review.

I didn't like this show. Thankfully, this episode didn't pull a Smackdown but because of how well last week's show went, I felt really underwhelmed watching that.   MVP Lounge. Special Guest, Dolph Ziggler.  Montel Von Porter welcomed his guest that shares a common hatred for Drew McIntyre and that guest is, of course, Dolph Ziggler.  Ziggler compliments the new United States championship design to which MVP let him know that he'll talk to his people and get a new WWE championship design once the show-off, wins the championship (and honestly, Ziggler's got a point, the WWE Title needs a new design).  Dolph further tells MVP that he's the reason why Drew defeated Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.  Out came the Scotsmen himself and he basically said that he'll beat the crap out of him and Dolph got a bit of that with a punch. An enjoyable segment.  The thing I kind of appreciate about this feud is that Dolph...

Finn Balor Is Indeed Out Of Action.

A couple of days ago, WWE announced that Finn Balor suffered an injury and didn't specify on what the injury was. His last match, by the way, was a triple threat match at a house show last Wednesday in Santiago, Chile against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre to which McIntrye won.  It turns out that Finn wasn't dealing with an injury at all, at least according to Mike Johnson over at  PWinsider . Instead, Balor is dealing with an illness and couldn't continue the Latin America tour. Finn is also unable to compete on the Mixed Match Challenge, replacing him with Apollo Crews. But the powers that be believe that he's 100% ready for TLC next week. Here's what he had to say about that via Twitter:  I am sorry I could not preform in #WWEBuenosAires Lo siento no pude competir en #WWEBuenosAires — Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) December 7, 2018   I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.  By the way, I report on the 5 major or minor news of ...